-
AuthorContent
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 13, 2001
12:22 AM

Post #6408

I just pulled back the newspaper I'm using to mulch my tomatoes, and there are little white crawling awful looking things. Really small, I don't think they're maggots, but I don't care what they are, they have to go. I guess it's because of all this rain, or is it the newspapers???
HELP!!!
Pete2
Richmond Hill, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 13, 2001
12:31 AM

Post #82668

Hmmmmmm. Now that's what I call _very_ bad "news". Little pun there! I know. I know. That was really bad of me. I'm hanging my head in shame. :(

How big are those things, tiG? Do they look like some kind of grub?

Terri

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2001
12:33 AM

Post #82669

Sounds like you are keeping them too damp...we've been telling you how tomatoes needed water and I guess we've kinda scared you some.

Make a mix of 1 tablespoon dish soap and 1 tablespoon mouthwash to a gallon of water and spray the surface of your soil.Leave the mulch off for a day or two.Really,I don't think they're too harmful,but you can be on the safe side.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tomatoes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blossom End Rot tiG 34 Mar 17, 2013 10:29 PM
TOMATOES ARE SPLITTING oblambert 31 Sep 11, 2012 7:13 PM
Principe Borghese/Juliet in containers? shane478 7 Feb 19, 2009 4:20 AM
Disease? Any idea what this is? BudZander 31 Apr 21, 2010 6:48 AM
Tree Tomato ?? faronell 10 Aug 3, 2007 1:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America