Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

African Violets and Gesneriads: Starting African Violets from Seeds Instructions...

Communities > Forums > African Violets and Gesneriads
bookmark
Forum: African Violets and GesneriadsReplies: 4, Views: 124
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MsCritterkeeper
The Heart of Texas, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2004
3:35 AM

Post #1027556

Here's a pretty good link for starting AV's from seeds. This link has pretty good step by step instructions with some pictures too..
There is also some good info for hybridyzing your own...
(I knew you were going to ask where do you get seeds from..lol)

Check it out and see what you think.

MsC

http://geocities.com/rachelsreflections/Janet.htm
TuttiFrutti
Spokane Valley, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2004
3:52 AM

Post #1027583

You remembered!!! :)

I think we 'lost' our seed pods... lol... but I'll go check both the AV and the link a bit later.

*HUGS*
Donna
danak
Olympia, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2004
3:56 AM

Post #1027588

MsC, great website! I just planted some seeds today. Too bad I didn't read this first, but hopefully it will work my way, too... Thanks!
MsCritterkeeper
The Heart of Texas, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2004
5:25 AM

Post #1027680

You are both so welcomed !
Yes, I remembered Donna and I found this site while searching for some seeds...since it has the pics I thought it would be great for all of us.Sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words.

I'm sure that there are many different methods for planting, propagating and growing AV's . If we share what we each find that might work then surely something will work for each one of us...

I hope your seeds do great for you danank! Be sure and share some pics a long the way!
I need to check with Key and see how long it takes for those Sinnigia seeds to do something...lol ( Since I usually drown my seeds I'm sure "another one bites the dust"...lol)

susancva
Culpeper, VA
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2004
1:12 PM

Post #1027891

Awesome site. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other African Violets and Gesneriads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Brag of the Day... MsCritterkeeper 17 Jun 6, 2007 2:14 PM
advice on TRAILERS from Violet Gallery critterologist 57 Feb 5, 2010 9:56 PM
test thread for sticky, never mind me begoniacrazii 90 Apr 11, 2011 3:40 PM
All Other Gesneriad Care & Related Links begoniacrazii 2 Apr 11, 2011 3:15 PM
Streptocarpus seedling progress Keyring 127 Jun 9, 2007 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America