-
AuthorContent
stormy19
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2001
2:28 AM

Post #6458

this is the leaves of the passiflora I posted a few minutes ago.
jackie

Thumbnail by stormy19
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2001
4:14 AM

Post #83012

I think these are what us country boys used to call mae pops (or may pops). When I was young they grew in every ditch in and around Opelika, Al. They would form a soft pod and we would use these pods as if they were snowballs to battle other kids in the neighborhood. I can't remember the time of year but it was while school was in progress because as soon as I got off the school bus we would head to the ditches to get the pods to throw as we walked the rest of the way home. The state of Tn. has a web site and I found the passion vine and the m?? pop listed as the same and it (they ) being the state flower. Didn't mean to go way back in time but couldn't help myself. Jim
Tim
Palmyra, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2001
3:00 PM

Post #83118

the tri-lobed leaf next to the flower and the flower indicated it's a Passiflora x belotii.

Your other pictures are of P. caerulea

This message was edited Tuesday, Jun 19th 10:36 AM
nicole_in_nc
Wilmington, NC

June 14, 2001
7:27 PM

Post #83218

Stormy,

I found a wonderful passiflora website loaded with pics and info, Ill attach the link! Yours is there too!

http://www.ccnnwebdesign.com/garden/
stormy19
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2001
7:49 PM

Post #83222

Hi guys,
Thank you all for the help you have given me, plus the link to a site was great. Now, let me try to clear something up. The leaves on the blue passiflora has heart-shaped leaves. I have tons of the maypops growing all around here and they have the tri-lobed leaves(and you are right, the one next to the plant in question is a maypop. Although you can't see it very well, the bloom on the one with heart-shaped leaves is a totally dark purple, small band of white and then the beautiful blue. I'll try later to get more pictures in which I'll separate the pots so they'll show up better. It is so crowded in front of my green house, I have a path to barely walk though, lol,; I promise though that if I am lucky, I'll have it cleared up to where I can post a few neat pics of the different plants I have. I always feel I can get answers to my many questions on this site and you all are really great. Thanks again,
Jackie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America