Photo by Melody

Grass and Bamboo: Can I divide hakonechloa (japanese forest grass) now?

Communities > Forums > Grass and Bamboo
bookmark
Forum: Grass and BambooReplies: 2, Views: 144
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
firebirds
Foxboro, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2004
6:41 PM

Post #1064265

We have huge mounds that I want to divide to create a new border. It comes back later in the spring, but is just flowering now. I live south of Boston. This plant is very hardy, pest free and has a beautiful graceful habit.
hczone6
Cincinnati (area), OH
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2004
12:50 PM

Post #1084913

I've never grown that grass, but I'd say go for it - since you say it's very hardy and healthy. I routinely move miscanthus and other grasses around when I technically shouldn't...and never have any trouble. Just be sure to get plenty of soil with the roots. I've moved trees, shrubs, grasses and perennials in the middle of summer with great success. It's all about soil with roots, watering and just simply being careful. I've moved a few grasses closer to winter and haven't had trouble. I wouldn't move anything that's timid or not very hardy though.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 15, 2004
3:43 PM

Post #1096082

does anybody know if this can be grown in houston, zone 9a. i don't recall seeing it for sale or in anybody's garden.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Grass and Bamboo Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
bamboo stakes tiG 10 Nov 3, 2011 1:16 PM
Black bamboo question linden 51 Aug 6, 2008 3:15 PM
Hardy bamboos at zone 6 Esther_z6 21 May 6, 2008 12:31 AM
A few clumps of my grass :) hczone6 32 Sep 5, 2007 2:47 AM
Bamboo Seedling Speedyg 2 Feb 16, 2008 3:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America