good smelling paperwhites???

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Does anyone know the name of some very good smelling paperwhites I could force this winter? The ones I have tried start with a z but they smelled and not fragantly either. I was in a ladies house a few years ago and the minute you walked in, you could smell the most wonderful smelling paperwhites she had forced. I have looked around at the garden centers, but they all have the one I don't care for. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help I get . lou

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7a)

Try to find any of these:

Galil
Sheleg
earlicheer
Constantinopolitanus
Avalanche
Chinese Sacred Lily
Grand Soleil d'Or
Nony
Omri
Yael

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the information. I will see if I can find these to order. Lou

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

I have a small daffodil, it is a deep yellow with a gold cup that is strongly scented. On a warm still day the whole yard is perfumed. It has a cluster of blossoms on each stem like paperwhites and is somewhat shorter. Unfortunately I cannot dig anymore, so unless you can talk one of the other Southern California members to come by and do the work you will have to look elsewehre.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

George , in my fantasy world, I will win the lottery this weekend and come out and did some myself. LOL. I will look on the net and see if I can find what you describe. Thanks, Lou

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images