Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Brugmansias: Something's eating my sanguinea!!!

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 6, Views: 142
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2001
5:53 PM

Post #6565

Help!!! Does anyone know what the little caterpillary things are that are going after my brugs? I squashed what I could find - they eat the green out and leave kind of a grey transparent spot. Is there anything I can use to get rid of them? Looks like they have just started.
Please help!!!
Liz
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2001
6:46 PM

Post #83845

Thanks KHT - if I Raid them is that it or do they just keep coming all summer? Are these moth caterpillars I'm looking at?
Thanks again - Liz
Nan
SW, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 19, 2001
5:28 PM

Post #84698

Hasn't anyone else tried Volck Oil Spray? Someone, somewhere suggested it last year (had spider mites, even outdoors! which is a first for me, well, outdoors, anyway!) I used that product and it got rid of the spider mites, kept them at bay for about a month and a half, and kept all other pests away, also!
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

June 19, 2001
6:01 PM

Post #84713

Nan,
I have not tried Volck oil or neem oil, but I am hearing enough rave reviews with Brugmansia growers that I think I am going to give both of them a try.
Brugmansia
Nan
SW, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 20, 2001
3:33 PM

Post #85106

Brugmansia...I haven't tried the Neem oil either, but have also heard lots of great things about it. The Volck Oil works fantastically though...and it's very easy to get (if I can get it here, anyone can!) I did finally find a nursery nearby that has the Neem Oil...I may try it too. You'll be pleased with the results of the Volck Oil...I just mix it in a hand-operated mist sprayer. Kept *all* pests away from mine last year!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America