Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Brugmansias: Something's eating my sanguinea!!!

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 6, Views: 142
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2001
5:53 PM

Post #6565

Help!!! Does anyone know what the little caterpillary things are that are going after my brugs? I squashed what I could find - they eat the green out and leave kind of a grey transparent spot. Is there anything I can use to get rid of them? Looks like they have just started.
Please help!!!
Liz
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2001
6:46 PM

Post #83845

Thanks KHT - if I Raid them is that it or do they just keep coming all summer? Are these moth caterpillars I'm looking at?
Thanks again - Liz
Nan
SW, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 19, 2001
5:28 PM

Post #84698

Hasn't anyone else tried Volck Oil Spray? Someone, somewhere suggested it last year (had spider mites, even outdoors! which is a first for me, well, outdoors, anyway!) I used that product and it got rid of the spider mites, kept them at bay for about a month and a half, and kept all other pests away, also!
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

June 19, 2001
6:01 PM

Post #84713

Nan,
I have not tried Volck oil or neem oil, but I am hearing enough rave reviews with Brugmansia growers that I think I am going to give both of them a try.
Brugmansia
Nan
SW, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 20, 2001
3:33 PM

Post #85106

Brugmansia...I haven't tried the Neem oil either, but have also heard lots of great things about it. The Volck Oil works fantastically though...and it's very easy to get (if I can get it here, anyone can!) I did finally find a nursery nearby that has the Neem Oil...I may try it too. You'll be pleased with the results of the Volck Oil...I just mix it in a hand-operated mist sprayer. Kept *all* pests away from mine last year!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America