Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Tomatoes: Help!

Communities > Forums > Tomatoes
bookmark
Forum: TomatoesReplies: 1, Views: 189
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jan
Mobile, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2001
1:53 AM

Post #6594

It's been raining off and on for the last 10 days. Now the leaves of some of my plants look as though I have powdered them with flour. I'm afraid this is some type of fungus that I can do nothing about. This stuff just seem to spring up over night. I know it's not the regular fungus that starts at the bottom of the plant and works its way upward. This stuff is white. It's not causing the leaves to yellow or turn brown. A local garden shop said it was spidermites. But I'm not sure what that looks like. Any suggestions?
Jan

paulgrow

paulgrow
Allen Park, MI
(Zone 6a)

June 16, 2001
8:44 AM

Post #83742

Sounds like powdery mildew. Try and mix up a soultuion of baking soda and water spray on the plants. This method works on roses sometimes if the mildew isn'r too bad.

Good Luck

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tomatoes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blossom End Rot tiG 34 Mar 17, 2013 10:29 PM
TOMATOES ARE SPLITTING oblambert 31 Sep 11, 2012 7:13 PM
Principe Borghese/Juliet in containers? shane478 7 Feb 19, 2009 4:20 AM
Disease? Any idea what this is? BudZander 31 Apr 21, 2010 6:48 AM
Tree Tomato ?? faronell 10 Aug 3, 2007 1:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America