Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Talk: Sunburned, but Satisfied

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 2, Views: 76
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2001
10:35 PM

Post #6639

I got a little too much sun today, but I got some things done in the yard! It felt so good to get out and work. My hubby mowed and trimmed and I planted more of my stuff from the flats...There's more to do, but at least I put a dent in it. I planted some sunflower and zinnia seeds in pots, too, to give them a chance to get started so I can just transplant them into the beds we're making out back next weekend (I hope).

I'm so tired...but it's "a good kind of tired". Just sitting back in the a/c and checking out the forums this evening! LOL
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2001
11:26 PM

Post #83905

Nothing beats a good day of hard work in the garden. Those days you really feel you got a lot done ;o) Sometimes I just stare at it & all those little things I need to do... It looks so overwhelming I just don't know where to begin. Today was one of those days for me. Tooo hot to do much of anything. I just watered a bit, took a few pictures, and sat on the bench in the shade with Mr.BB. There's always tomorrow for all the weeding and digging.
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

June 17, 2001
2:33 AM

Post #83954

I've been edging my beds so DH won't get out the roundup. I had a few goodies to put in the ground from my trip to Mississippi and I got them planted today. I have to say the beds look great with the weeds all gone and the edges clean, even if I am dog-tired!!
Calalily

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America