Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Lewisville Plant Swop - Some Pictures

(Zone 8b)

Hi
As promised I took some pics at the plant swop today, I'm posting them here but will also link from the other forum.
The Garden Fairies were very hospitable and Richard and I had a great time. We came home loaded with plants and have spent all afternoon finding them homes. Great Happening! and we are looking forward to the next one already.
The name tags were a really super effort girls, the first picture is of mine just to show how much hard work you put into them.

(Zone 8b)

One of the garden fairies or is it fairies at the bottom of the garden?

(Zone 8b)

Setting up

(Zone 8b)

Making a selection

(Zone 8b)

The trade

(Zone 8b)

More general view of the scene. It got quite busy. I hope everyone got home safely.

(Zone 8b)

This spider joined us in the DG corner!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, Carol, that was quick! Thanks for posting the pics. My daughter and I had a great time. It was such a beautiful day for our little Roundup and I loved meeting my DG friends in person. Really makes it more personal to talk to you guys now. :-) I swore I wasn't going to come home with anything but darn if I didn't bring some coral bells, japanese anemone, a bunch of seeds and a vine from Carol (Cajun2) that I'm not even sure what it is! Carol, was it called Fi Tu or something like that? Will have to look it up. Aimee (daughter) got a couple of rose cuttings, mexican petunias, sedum, lambs ear and lantana and I don't know what else, but she is just getting started and has full sun so it was really nice for her to get a few things. We stopped on the way home at the Home Depot Garden Center and I ended up buying her one of the Knock Out roses like the one given as a door price. It was on sale and I paid only $3.50!
Again, it was so great to meet all of you in person! Got to run to the store so will talk to ya'll later!!
Terrie

Pflugerville, TX(Zone 8b)

Great photos. Looks like a good turnout and nice location. Thanks so much for sharing.

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey everyone. It looks like all of you had a great time. I think I would like to go to the next one.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Here is some more photos of the Round-up

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

# 2

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

#7 the last one

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks like it was a good time. I am so sorry I had to miss this one but I can not drive yet after this silly knee operation..Make sure I know about the next one and I will be sure to be there.

(Zone 8b)

Great pictures Ted.
Jdee, you should if you can, theres nothing like talking to someone who grows the plant with it in your hand. You can see what they are talking about then.
We had a great time and really enjoyed the typical Texas hospitality. I don't want to miss the next one either!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I am so sorry I missed this one, too! And, that is because I need a brain operation. I don't think I even came close to finding the swap. My impression was that it was off Main Street in downtown Lewiston and we saw nothing that looked like the area in the photos. Where did I go wrong?

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Bless your heart John, didn't you have a female with you? I know how much you were looking forward to this. Please tell us the brain surgery thing was a lousy joke. You take male abuse so well, we cant afford to lose you.(;>)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I did have a female with me and was severly abused and was told many times where to go! Every dog will have his day they say. Today wasn't my day!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, John, I wished we had given each other our cell phone numbers so we could have called if lost. We will do it again soon, maybe end of February, first of March. Hopefully we can have a lot more DGer's if we have more notice. So sorry you got lost.
Terrie

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Nothing new for me when I go to the Metroplex. Next time we will need some sort of fail-safe system for people like me! I was really looking forward to meeting ya'll face to face. Bummer!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

John,
How far did you have to drive? Did you do something else while here or did you just turn around and go home?

(Zone 8b)

We were looking forward to meeting you to John, as you say Bummer! Next time we will have to plan a better contact system just in case someone goes astray.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well, Terrie, just checked the trip odometer and we did 166 mi. today. Ended up at a IHOP for a really crummy brunch. Argued alot and just generally had a bad day. Oh well, these things happen! Tomorrow won't be much better. There saying 100% chance of rain. I don't mind rain but, I need to work off some of my frustration. Maybe I'll pick a fight with my neighbor.

Carol, I saw a cell phone in one of Ted's fotos. Wish I'd known his number!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

John,
Watching the weather now. A very bad storm is going to hit Tarrant county within minutes. I think that is were Carol (Cajun2) lives. What county are you in? I think we are supposed to get heavy storms tonight and tomorrow.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Grayson County. We have had t-storms most of the evening. Not severe though, so far anyway.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Really thundering here but no big rains yet. I just went out and brought my snowbank brug up on my covered patio so it wouldn't get beat to death. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and it has really grown. Don't want to take the chance of losing it!!

(Zone 8b)

Its really thundering here - North Tarrant County- and we have just had a severe weather warning - quarter size hail expected about 10.30. My poor new plants!! I'm glad it didn't happen earlier in the day and wreck the roundup though.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Me, too, Carol. I put my new babies up on the deck under cover. I'm sure my brugs that are in the ground will take a beating which makes me sick since they are full of blooms right now.

Staci,
Yoo hoo!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Don't know anything about brugs but, I figure on learning more during the "off" season b/c so many DG'ers are into them.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

John, this was my first year. If you start watching the brug forum, you'll probably get hooked too. They are persnickity but worth it when those big blooms show up!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thats the main part of the plan.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

John I can supply you with starts of brugs. Will be down your way in march to help Eyes of Texas in Collensvillle pack up canna's to ship out for the canna co-op. I will start some for you. I have 13 different ones. Ted

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

What a great group of gardeners. I enjoyed the swap so very much. Thanks to all of you for the great plants I received. Would the lovely lady in the LSU shirt please send me an e-mail? You gave me two dwarf canna, and I like to keep a journal with the plants and who gave them to me. It was near the end of the swap, and I forgot to get your name.

Adeline

(Carole) Cleveland, TX(Zone 9a)

Oops! Before I forget... here's the link to the cool HERB vine I was passing out left and right at the swap!

http://davesgarden.com/pdb/go/1030/index.html

Courtesy of flowerjunkie's GENEROUS trade ; )

Will write more after I read all your posts!
It was sooooooo cooooool to meet all my DG buddies! Had a BLAST!!

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Ted your a sweetheart to do that for John. John, as soon as iget this cutting, rooting, and shiping of such down I'll send you some of my two Trumpets.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

I see why it was so popular now....

A climbing vine, with a huge, perennial root. Used as a sexual tonic for men and to help build blood. Tonic, laxative, antispasmodic, antibacterial used in China to treat dizziness tetanus, cramps, prematurely gray hair, and to increase mental clarity. Roots are used to restore blood, liver and kidneys.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.