AuthorContent

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2001
12:17 AM

Post #6643

I would like to get a variegated brug.I have a lot of different plants to trade for it.My trade list is at my web site at http://pages.zdnet.com/lakreflect/lakesidereflections/ go to the trades page. I have isabella,coral glow,double white and sanguine but they are all small right now so I can't take any cuttings to trade,I do have 1 year old cliva seedlings,night blooming jasimine,and a semi-tropical waterlily "mexicana"Let me know if anyone is interested.Thanks, crestedchik
meplant
kelso, WA
(Zone 8a)

June 17, 2001
4:00 AM

Post #83983

Hi kHT...Don't forget about me in the fall!!...haha...I'm posting a photo, on the photos forum, of my brugs so far...Just took them today...I think the spider mites are creeping in...YUK!!...I received a peaches and cream cutting late last fall, but it never took and died..boo hoo...Take care...meplant :) :)
pebble
Bodrum
Turkey
(Zone 10a)

June 19, 2001
3:20 PM

Post #84647

Meplant, when you come down, be sure to stop by my place too... I look forward to meeting my secret trader.

cheers/pebble
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

June 19, 2001
3:47 PM

Post #84662

There are so many varigated Brugmansia where does one begin...candida varigated Maya, aurea varigated, versicolor varigate, suaveolens varigated Klerxx's Panaschierte varigatata, there is even a varigated sanguinea... I think the green flowered sanguinea is quite unusuall as well, although if memory serves me there are a few different green flowered sanguinea to choose from. B. sanguinea Gruliche would be just one. Or for reds, the Roter Vulkan vulcanicola hybrid is my favorite...No one here seems to be interested in the double Brugmansia in color...So easy to get the double orange and so quick too, but alas everyone wants the varigatated type Brugmansia. At anyrate, I do believe Hodnik's carries a few of the varigated and a few doubles in color if anyone is interested in those types. They ship orders to the USA faster than companies in the USA ship Brugmansia orders out. My wait time after I emailed my order with that company was an incredible 2 weeks. That is...I recieved my Brugmansia hybrids 2 weeks after I first e-mailed them.
Ahh, to each their own though... www.hodnik.com
Hope this helps you find what you want,
Brugmansia

This message was edited Tuesday, Jun 19th 12:43 PM

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2001
5:20 PM

Post #84693

WAIT ONE MINUTE!!! Are you telling me there are double brugs ????Besides white???? WHO, WHAT , WHEN, AND WHERE do I find these???
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

June 19, 2001
5:30 PM

Post #84702

http://davesgarden.com/showthread/47499.html Try that link for a link or two to doubles in color. I have several links to places that sell genuine Brugmansia hybrids in double colors. The B. candida double are what most of the doubles in color are hybridized from if memory serves me. I know a few different hybridizers in the USA have created pinks and peaches in doubles already, but the best ones are from Germany and have been out for a number of years. Someone locked you in a room deprived of Brugmansia knowledge, its okay as everyone here is here to share. Thats a joke by the way, but the doubles in color have been out for a few years now and available from a company in France for sale to the USA. Fast service too, much faster than most of the brugmansia nurseries in the USA.
I will gladly trade anyone a cutting of my Double orange for a cutting of the Double pink candida hybrid as I don't have that one yet.
Hope that helps,
Brugmansia

This message was edited Tuesday, Jun 19th 1:36 PM

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2001
5:38 PM

Post #84707

I'm not that picky about the color flower of the variegated,Mostly I want the one with the nicest showy leaves.I have a very short growing season so it's the leaves I see most of the year.If anyone has one let me know.Thanks
MsBatt
Florence, AL
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2001
5:07 AM

Post #85007

Brugmansia, when did you get this 2-week order from Hodnik's? Just recently? I've been dying to order from them, but I figured with the Hoof and Mouth thing, Customs would be pretty hard on plant imports.
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

June 20, 2001
2:21 PM

Post #85071

Brugmansia,
Judith,
My last order from Hodnik's was about 2 months ago. I am in the USA and I don't watch tv so what exactly is the hoof and mouth thing?

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2001
1:20 PM

Post #86157

hey,like I said I'm not real picky,if the foliage is pretty, thats what I want.Does anyone have more than one variegated that they could show the difference in variegation between the varieties? If anyone ends up with a piece laying around just screaming to be rooted -pleeeaaassseee,I have lots to trade for it crestedchic
MsBatt
Florence, AL
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2001
12:08 AM

Post #88454

Brugmansia, I don't watch much TV either, but England and parts of Europe, including France I think, have had a big outbreak of Hoof and Mouth disease over the past several months. Farmers are slaughtering livestock right and left attempting to contain it, and Customs has been cracking down on agricultural product shipping. Someone on another site (can't remember where, my memory's like a sieve) had posted a warning regarding brugs from overseas. Maybe I'll get on the web and do a little research. Don't think the disease could possibly affect the plants, but they might serve as carriers which could infect animals. Or it might all be a case of rampant ignorant hysteria (which is VERY contagious!).
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 1, 2001
6:31 PM

Post #89062

Judith,
The site that had that whole virus scare thing with Brugmansia was the ----- site. I have talked with several notable Brugmansia hybridizers and Brugmansia fans and to say the least it is not talked about anymore. I don't wish to speculate as to the exact reason behind that company doing what it did as it may have been misinformation or any number of other causes. All I can tell you is that there is no reason for alarm from all of the Brugmansia hybridizers I have talked to have agreed to that. I don't mention that site as I do not wish to bring that matter up again. For those of you who know about that site I think you will notice that the whole virus thing is removed from their site now.
ignorance and blind faith are contagious,
ps, what is written is not stone fact-just something someone has written.
Brugmansia

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America