Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cacti and Succulents: oh my!!!

Communities > Forums > Cacti and Succulents
bookmark
Forum: Cacti and SucculentsReplies: 5, Views: 213
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ckrdpast
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 17, 2001
4:54 AM

Post #6662

Hey ya'll!!! hope i dont get to annoying at this ...just figured out my BRAND NEW DIGITAL CAMERA...please check out my pics and help me with id's...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1723931&a=13254927
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2001
6:20 AM

Post #84217

Yeah! You obviously learned to use the new camera very quickly! The photos are great. That is quite a collection of "babies" you have there!
Pirate_Girl
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2001
7:34 PM

Post #84381

Beautiful pix (great job, you don't look like a camera newbie to me), nice, healhty plants, great setting, when are we invited for a swim? Sorry, but don't know those particular epis.

Pirate Girl
Ckrdpast
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 18, 2001
8:51 PM

Post #84402

thx zanymuse and pirate_girl...it was only the third try at takin pics and i hope to get better real soon...i got tons of plants that are feeling neglected coz they are not in the album...not to mention 3 cats that currently are practicing their best impressions of "plant like behavior" to get their mugs pictured online...

btw Pirate_Girl - anytime your in the area, your invited for a swim...admission is "one small cutting" lol
Pirate_Girl
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2001
10:54 PM

Post #84441

Ckrdpst,

Thx so much, really just kidding, as I am a lap swimmer recreationally, I couldn't resist; your pool just looks so clean, cool & inviting. But I do appreciate the offer all the same.

Are you anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale? My Dad lives near there & I was down there for the first time Spring 2000; couldn't believe how lush & gorgeously everything grew. You lucky dog you, certainly if ever I am nearby, plenty of succulent cuttings will come along for the ride. Thx again, very sweet of you.

PG
cactusmcharris
Kamloops, BC
(Zone 4b)

June 18, 2001
11:03 PM

Post #84446

Dear Jeanne,

Yes, thank you for the pics, they are great - it's good to see the plants behind the woman, figuratively speaking. The one is definitely an epiphyllum (#7 - characterized by the flat blade of a leaf don't know the species/hybrid name) - the other is also an epiphytic cactus, but not an epiphyllum. Do you have any other pics I can't help you on?

Thanks again for sharing, CP - Love ya better than a dead mealy bug!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America