Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cacti and Succulents: oh my!!!

Communities > Forums > Cacti and Succulents
bookmark
Forum: Cacti and SucculentsReplies: 5, Views: 213
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ckrdpast
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 17, 2001
4:54 AM

Post #6662

Hey ya'll!!! hope i dont get to annoying at this ...just figured out my BRAND NEW DIGITAL CAMERA...please check out my pics and help me with id's...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1723931&a=13254927
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2001
6:20 AM

Post #84217

Yeah! You obviously learned to use the new camera very quickly! The photos are great. That is quite a collection of "babies" you have there!
Pirate_Girl
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2001
7:34 PM

Post #84381

Beautiful pix (great job, you don't look like a camera newbie to me), nice, healhty plants, great setting, when are we invited for a swim? Sorry, but don't know those particular epis.

Pirate Girl
Ckrdpast
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 18, 2001
8:51 PM

Post #84402

thx zanymuse and pirate_girl...it was only the third try at takin pics and i hope to get better real soon...i got tons of plants that are feeling neglected coz they are not in the album...not to mention 3 cats that currently are practicing their best impressions of "plant like behavior" to get their mugs pictured online...

btw Pirate_Girl - anytime your in the area, your invited for a swim...admission is "one small cutting" lol
Pirate_Girl
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2001
10:54 PM

Post #84441

Ckrdpst,

Thx so much, really just kidding, as I am a lap swimmer recreationally, I couldn't resist; your pool just looks so clean, cool & inviting. But I do appreciate the offer all the same.

Are you anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale? My Dad lives near there & I was down there for the first time Spring 2000; couldn't believe how lush & gorgeously everything grew. You lucky dog you, certainly if ever I am nearby, plenty of succulent cuttings will come along for the ride. Thx again, very sweet of you.

PG
cactusmcharris
Kamloops, BC
(Zone 4b)

June 18, 2001
11:03 PM

Post #84446

Dear Jeanne,

Yes, thank you for the pics, they are great - it's good to see the plants behind the woman, figuratively speaking. The one is definitely an epiphyllum (#7 - characterized by the flat blade of a leaf don't know the species/hybrid name) - the other is also an epiphytic cactus, but not an epiphyllum. Do you have any other pics I can't help you on?

Thanks again for sharing, CP - Love ya better than a dead mealy bug!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America