Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Photos: Riesentraube tomatoes

Communities > Forums > Photos
bookmark
Forum: PhotosReplies: 4, Views: 227
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dave

June 18, 2001
3:45 PM

Post #6719

I have two of these plants, given to me in April by GrannyLois.

Each plant is massive and has about 5 clusters each (with new ones forming all the time).

The furthest cluster along is shown here.

The riesentraube tomato comes from Germany (of course) and is an indeterminate heirloom. I will be offering seeds for trade soon.

Dave

Thumbnail by dave
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Pete2
Richmond Hill, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2001
3:53 PM

Post #84306

Beautiful, Dave!
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2001
3:01 PM

Post #84631

Dave I have some grape tomato seed from Germany so keep me in mind when you do trade.
pebble
Bodrum
Turkey
(Zone 10a)

June 19, 2001
3:06 PM

Post #84635

egads!!! your growing season is so much farther along than mine...they look yummy yummy - i can practically smell them from the picture and certainly my mouth is watering too... enjoy them for me too...
jlpayne
Chicago, IL

February 9, 2008
3:25 AM

Post #4514284

Hi ... I was just introduced to these prolific tomatoes. I would like to acquire seeds for our church garden club ... any ideas????????????????????

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Photos Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the photo forum! dave 34 May 3, 2013 10:18 AM
My tractor and I, Part II dave 52 Sep 27, 2009 7:18 PM
Spring Spring! and my bowling ball! nicole_in_nc 6 Apr 21, 2010 3:35 PM
It's a Bird...It's a Plane....It's Superdave! gardenwife 27 Nov 18, 2007 7:53 PM
Football lily Dinu 9 Jul 22, 2008 11:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America