Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Texas Gardening: Update on the Lewisville Plant Swop

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 20, Views: 255
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
okus

(Zone 8b)

November 29, 2004
3:01 PM

Post #1169928

Hi all,
I started a new thread because the old one was so long - hope no one minds.
I just wanted to let everyone who was sooo.. generous with their plants know that they have all settled in nicely and I haven't lost one ... yet. Which means you guys did a great job with lifting healthy plants in the first place and DH did a solid job planting out too.
Thanks again everyone - I will try and update you all on the seeds when the time is right.
Carol
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2004
5:08 PM

Post #1177761

Okey dokie!
TARogers5
Kingston, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2004
1:40 AM

Post #1190896

Mine are all doing well also. Thanks for a great time.
SudieGoodman
Broaddus, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2004
10:30 PM

Post #1212383

For: OKUS
KELLER, TX

Okus, newbe would like update on Lewisville Plant Swop?

Thanks!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
okus

(Zone 8b)

December 30, 2004
12:45 AM

Post #1212547

Not sure the weather was too kind to that Brug - oops! Hope it will come again in spring - fingers crossed.

Sudie I've posted a reply on the new Round-Up thread for you - basically its a fun get together for like minded folk with experience, stories and plants to share. Worth the effort to get to one if you can.
Carol
loudigger
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2005
4:11 PM

Post #1222435

Sudie, Please check out the Round Up planned for April 23rd. Hope we Texans will make a great show for a roundup of Texas dstartz has generously offered her Kerrville place for the location. Plants swap and fun for all. A chance to meet some other great Texas Gardeners from Dave's Garden. Hope to see you there, Margie, aka Queen of Dirtland, loudigger

This message was edited Jan 5, 2005 12:12 PM
okus

(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2005
8:04 PM

Post #1244976

Hi all,
I have a mystery I was hoping someone else had the same seed and could point me in the right direction. I was given some seed labelled Japanese Red Hibiscus Vine and can't remember who by or what the real name was. Can anyone help?
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2005
12:26 AM

Post #1245424

Not me but it sounds very interesting!

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2005
4:08 PM

Post #1246321

Hello Ya'll, I am still trying to figure out when the next roundup in Lewisville is going to take place, I sure would love to attend, and Kerrville is too far for us because of time limitations.
Are we having one this Spring?
Thank you.
Josephine.
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2005
8:07 PM

Post #1246773

Hi Josephine. There hasn't been any plans made but when we get a littler closer to spring, someone will probably make the suggestion again. I know we would all like to get together but no one is in charge and no plans have been made yet. Just keep watching this thread. Better yet, do you want to be in charge? :-)

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2005
9:06 PM

Post #1246860

Oh boy, that sure sounds tempting, but I am afraid that as long as I am not retired, it will not be possible for me.
May be in the future. In the meantime I hope that a kind soul with a little more time, will step up to the plate.
Thank you for the offer though.
Josephine
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2005
2:32 AM

Post #1252815

The Plant Swap in Lewisville, at the same place where it was last time, LISDOLA is scheduled for the 23d of April (at least that is the plan, as of today) that is a Saturday.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2005
4:03 PM

Post #1253551

Hello Melvatoo, please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what LISDOLA means, and I don't know where it was held last time.
Would you please shed some light on the matter for me?
If it is in Lewisville, I might be able to make a sneak run over there to meet all of you.
Josephine.
okus

(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2005
4:49 PM

Post #1253629

LISDOLA = Lewisville ISD Outdoor Learning Area It just east of Lewisville on 114.
HTH
Carol
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2005
4:51 PM

Post #1253640

Every spring and fall, the Texas Gardenfairies host a swap at the Lewisville Independent School District Outdoor Learning Center LISDOLA somehow it stands for the above, I don't have all the abbrevations down...
Anyway, this year I believe it is going to be on April 23d from 9-2 (something like that)
Last time there were several members from Daves that attended. I am a member of the Gardenfairies and a member here, so I always go. It is a lot of fun...we swap plants, and have a potluck lunch and just generally hang out, with other like minded people. And sometimes the weather cooperates (and sometimes not) The place where we have it, has some tables, bathrooms, and classrooms where we have set up the food, in the past. People bring something garden oriented for a door prize, and we have a drawing...(it has been things like sacks of horse manure, plants, seeds, tools, (you get the idea)
LISDOLA is on the other side of the Highway (35) away from Lewisville proper...can someone tell more where it is?
Try looking at this..
http://p209.ezboard.com/fthetexasgardenfairiesmessageboardfrm12

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 24, 2005
5:53 PM

Post #1255459

Thank you, Okus and Melvatoo, that helps a lot and I think we can find it now.
We will do our best to attend.
Josephine.
luckpup
near Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2005
5:00 AM

Post #1258276

Well I'm really disapointed. I wanted very much to meet all the local (closer) DGer's at the next roundup for Lewisville, but it looks like your having it the same date as the one in Kerrville. I've already made plans for going to it and camping out. Is this date set in cement or could it be changed for those of us that want to do both?
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2005
7:13 AM

Post #1258364

I am not sure you might want to contact the Gardenfairies and ask Celeste, maybe she can tell you.
Just use the link a couple of posts above this one...
imway2dumb
Gordonville, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2005
1:55 AM

Post #1279794

I wanna do both but, have been known to get lost in Lewisville.
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 9, 2005
4:24 PM

Post #1280665

Ah, John, you just had your head in the clouds that day. :-)
imway2dumb
Gordonville, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2005
5:05 PM

Post #1280740

;-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America