Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Texas Gardening: Anyone Up For A Chat?

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 29, Views: 491
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 4, 2004
2:17 AM

Post #1176972

The weather here is nasty and I'm feeling chatty. Anyone interested?

http://dstartz.com/Texas
ncgardenaddict
Kannapolis, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 4, 2004
2:38 AM

Post #1176991

Well, I WANT to I guess I will just have to get a new computer before I can! LOL! Sorry - thought I'd try one more time... :-((( I can't get into the DG chats either...
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 4, 2004
2:53 AM

Post #1177011

I saw you there and 'spoke'. Sorry I missed you!
ncgardenaddict
Kannapolis, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 4, 2004
2:56 AM

Post #1177014

I coudn't read it... or type anything for that matter~! One of these days I will step into the 90's I suppose! Oh - oops, guess that's still a bit off! LOL The 00's!

Hope you get someone to chat!!!!
loudigger
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2004
3:32 AM

Post #1177075

Sorry I could only get as far as chooseing a room. I choose defalt, but it did not get me to the room. I colud not find instructions on how to proceed. I am sure they are there, I am just not sharp enough to find them.:(
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2006
11:47 PM

Post #2252449

Whatever happened to Donna??? Anyone know???

This message was edited May 5, 2006 7:41 PM
silverfluter
Fredericksburg, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 5, 2006
11:51 PM

Post #2252455

No I don't. When I saw this thread on the forum it really got a rise out of me. Are there any members that live down there and go see her in person?
emh48
Premont, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 6, 2006
12:00 AM

Post #2252488

i live about 30 minutes from her

...last time i spoke to here was a couple of months ago

patrob

patrob
Goldthwaite, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2006
12:11 AM

Post #2252508

I have been concerned about her. She was ill during the November RU at her place near Kerrville, and she had a bad respiratory infection for quite a while afterwards. Wish we could hear from her! I was going to send her a note, but her address is not listed any longer in the address exchange.

Patricia
dmj1218
west Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 6, 2006
12:19 AM

Post #2252531

The site is down...

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2006
12:25 AM

Post #2252547

Donna, please if you are reading this let us know that you are O.K., we are all concerned about you.
Josephine.
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

May 6, 2006
12:38 AM

Post #2252586

I hate to mention this but she left owing me $14... posted she had sent me a check, but it never got here. After my interaction with her and a couple more of DG's finest, I stopped trading.

I'm sure she meant well... just too much going.

Sure hope she's doing well.

Judy
htop
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2006
12:30 AM

Post #2260746

I too have been concerned about Donna.
dmj1218
west Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 9, 2006
2:02 AM

Post #2260992

Still nobody knows what's going on? I'd hate to think a DG member was ill and we didn't know so we could try to help...
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 10, 2006
5:07 PM

Post #2265944

When she left , she left oweing quite a few DGers money. She owed me 39 dollars. We all tried to get in touch and no replies.
dmj1218
west Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2006
1:12 AM

Post #2267252

How did she end up with everyone's money? Co-op buy or something?
sweezel
McKinney, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2006
1:34 AM

Post #2267327

Yes. There were several of us who paypal-ed her the money to make a group purchase. We never received the plants or the money back. I d-mailed her multiple times and asked for an update and was ignored. I don't think she intentionally conspired to steal from us or anything, but she handled it very badly. She disappeared when the people expecting plants/refund from this group purchase and others expecting her end of a trade had been trying for an extended time to get in contact and not getting responses.
faeden
SF Bay Area, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 19, 2007
7:01 PM

Post #3514355

For those of you who are interested, Donna posted the following today:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/724985/

Maybe she's now well enough to deal with the above issues.
crowellli
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2007
9:19 PM

Post #3514643

OK, dumb question, but I didn't know we even had a chat room. How do you get there? I'm sure I'm probably overlooking it, but I can't find it.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2007
1:21 AM

Post #3515404

We do actually have a chat room, although that wasn't actually the one Donna was talking about at the top of this thread. (She once had a website with its own chatroom.) Anyway, our DG chatroom is only open on Tuesday nights and Thursday mornings, from 6 to 11.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2007
1:36 AM

Post #3515438

Donna posted on the plant ID forum, and she is doing well now. I am very happy about that.
Josephine.
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2007
1:37 AM

Post #3515443

Try it now..

http://dstartz.com/Texas
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2007
1:55 AM

Post #3515495

Hi everybody,

Although I'm not well I'm certainly doing faaarr better than I have been the last 18 months. ; - > I'm still trying to find the right levels of the 2 drugs I'm on to replace my thyroid hormones. The cancer is a mute point probably until this fall again.

The surgery done Nov 30th http://3rdsacharm.blogspot.com/ found no cancer, which wasn't a good thing since the blood test show that it's definitely there and has been growing for the last 2 years. Unfortunately the full body scan, the PET scan and all the other tests don't show it either so no one knows where it's living, just that it's in there somewhere.

The real problem for me (and what has allowed to cancer to grow) has been that the different thyroid replacements I was taking weren't working. (The FDA dictated a few years back that all thyroid replacements had to be FDA approved by the mid 2000's. As each one was changed to be approved it quit working for me.) Not only did it allow the cancer to grow, but it left me unable to function and allowed me to become sick with whatever came down the pike (like the respiratory infection at the CTRU).

Hopefully that's all behind me now, although it will still be months before my stamina, physical strength, mental capabilities, etc. are really up to snuff. And the longer it takes to titrate my meds (find the right dose) the longer it'll be before I can honestly say I'm well.

Sorry for the long post, but I know there have been questions and know there'll be more.

HTH,

Donna
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2007
2:39 PM

Post #3516605

Donna,

Received your request for my address for the "bank to send me a check". My address is in the Address Exchange to which you have access although your address has been removed and the word "info" substituted, however I gave this information to you also in a return dmail just now.

Judy
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2007
3:05 PM

Post #3516655

I'm not sure why it says 'info', but I did remove it when I was rediagnosed and was anticipating surgery as I didn't want it on there should something unexpected happen.

Funny, though, it was on here for months between my last post and my removing it and yet no one used it...

This message was edited May 20, 2007 10:43 AM
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2007
7:34 PM

Post #3517301

Judy,

I checked out the Address Exchange and it appears that everyone listed there has 'info' on their listing - it's the category header for the person's address.
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2007
7:58 PM

Post #3517352

Oh Dear Me how stupid on my part
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2007
6:38 AM

Post #3526135

dstartz,

I am happy you are on the road to recovery. Sounds like a hard road you have traveled. I hope we can clear up some old business. I just recently noticed your rebuttal to my feedback around 2 weeks ago. I thought long and hard before leaving that feedback and also kicked it around with another DGer that you owed. I am not one to throw mud or say things like that except I was not alone.
If you would have let me know about the co-op plants I could have gotten Plant Safari to have sent replacements straight to you. Robert was great about that.

As for the rebuttal on the mums, I could not meet you with no car and you posted for all who could meet you to post by 3:00pm and you would bring them to houston. I did not get on the computer that day till after 4:00pm so I called to make sure you did not bring mine this way as I had not posted before 3:00pm and that was at the time we were without transportation as our car was not fixable and we had no money to buy one. I know you ask for me to meet you around 10pm in mont belvieu but my friend gets up at 5:30am to go to work in pasadena tx an 1 hours drive for
her, I could not possibly ask her to get out at 10pm for me to get plants. She lives 5 miles past me so I could not just ask to borrow the car.

This did not have to come to this. I just recently found your rebuttal and feel it is very unfair. I know this has no bearing on our trade but I lost the love of my life Sept 15th 2006. They could not tell me what happened to him.
I miss him with all of my heart. Things have changed drastically for me. You know in your heart of hearts what happened with our trade, your coop plants for mums and daylilies you picked up for me. Then it came down to I would mail your plants and you would mail mine minus the few mums that died. I held up my end and mailed with postage 37 dollars worth of plants and received nothing from you.

Donna you do not have to send me anything. 100 percent of what I have comes from Jesus. So if someone owes me or doesn't pay me, it did not come from his pocket it came for His.

If you feel because your plants died you do not owe me anything let your conscience be your guide. What hurt me more than anything was what you said in the rebuttal to my feedback. It did not come down that way and I have the thread and the dmails to show it. This is the only time I
will bring this up. After today it will not be seen on the threads of DG anywhere else. Here I have said my
peace without getting ugly about it and it will not be brought up again.

I am truely sorry for how sick you have been. My hope and thoughts for you are for a very speedy recovery. And I thank Jesus that Ernest has not had to feel the pain of losing you. It is a heartache that goes to such a depth that there are no earthly words for. My Dennis was only 51 when I lost him.

Please feel free when you are down this way to stop by. I know my DGDs would love to see you both again. They are now 61/2 and 41/2. The oldest graduated from kindergarten fri. It was so precious.

May your life and your health be blessed abundantly.
Sandy ^8^
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2007
4:30 PM

Post #3527434

First, my deepest, most heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your husband. The devastation to your life is more pain than I will even try to imagine. You have been and will conitnue to be remembered in my prayers.

"your coop plants for mums and daylilies you picked up for me."
Huh?

Our feedback under my name (I posted nothing under yours, although I could have):
ilovejesus99: "Ordered daylilies from her and mums, she ordered from my co-op. I did end up mailing co-op plants with promise of my plants. But did not get them or the 37 dollars I paid for her co-op plants."
dstartz's rebuttal: "I hand delivered her mums to Houston. She couldn't meet me to pick them up when everyone else did. Only one of the plants I received in her co-op lived past the first week."

There is no untruth in any of what I wrote.

The mum's were delivered to Houston, as promised. I even offered to deliver them to your hometown. I did what I promised with those and my conscience about them is clear.

As to the daylilies, I'll gladly pay you the money for the daylilies that you requested. I don't have an ounce of problem with that nor have I ever.

BTW The daylilies that were sent to me were sent several months late (due to a hurricane where they were grown), half rotten and virtually all the wrong varieties. I received them ~without prior notice~ 2 days before going out of state on a trip for 2 weeks from which I had to return early due to the death of Ernest's oldest brother who lived here in town.

I'm not sure if Ruth wrote about them here at Dave's, but when I gave her her plants at the CTRU I wouldn't let her pay for them because they were in such sorry shape. As far as I know none of the roots that were shipped survived. Between my BIL's death, the CTRU and my subsequent illness I never had/took the opportunity to contact the company about the debacle they dumped in my lap and thus, have picked up the cost for this on my own. And that's not complaining/bragging/etc, just another fact in what happened.

I'm glad to hear your DGDs are well and thriving. My congratulations to the graduate! (Guess the ice cream didn't hurt them. ;-> )

Again my deepest sympathies over your loss. Words can not begin to convey the sadness in me that touches. (Ernest and I have been blessed with 35 years together as of Aug. The thought of my life without him is more than I can bear.)

You will continue to be in my prayers,

Donna
dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2007
5:44 PM

Post #3679525

Judy,

I see you got and cashed the check I sent in May.

Sandy,

I'm still waiting to hear from you about your refund. Your address isn't in the Address Exchange.

Donna

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM
Thornless Mexican Lime araness 8 Nov 11, 2011 7:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America