Confederate Rose, Cotton Rose (Hibiscus mutabilis)

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Vic, I love it, I love it, don't have that one, gorgeous, now I want one now, LOL LOL, Annie

Annie,

I received this from Yardbird. I have taken several cuttings, which so far, appear to being doing well. Make a note to yourself to email me around April and I will try and get you one. Doesn't Yardbird do good :-) LOL
I just wish I had your zone, it would have lasted longer.

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, but We're all lucky in our own way, aren't We, Thanks for the offer, Annie

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I just love these!!! I have a single and a double one. Just cut them down for the winter and saved all the cuttings to see what luck I have for next spring!!!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Gorgeous, Vic. Have you ever grown these from seeds? I received some seeds for double pinks and can hardly wait to plant them.

No, I've never grown them from seed. This is my first one and I received it from Yardbird. I have taken cuttings of this though. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any seeds. I'm sure there had to be some though, eh?

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I had seeds this yr, my confederate rose is 2 yr old so maybe they don't have seeds the first yr.

Ruth

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

I hear they are prolific self seeders. Like you said, Ruth, maybe just not the first year. They sure are beautiful plants. Any special care required for them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.