-
AuthorContent
ddt
Young America, MN

June 19, 2001
12:38 AM

Post #6744

Hi,
Several years ago I purchased a small device( cann't think of the proper name for it!),,anyway it was made of brass , attached to your spigot, then you added your garden hose. It had a small tube that went into a contanier holding any liquid that you wanted to add to your garden, ie. liquid fertizilar. Well,,, I have a well and my pressure was not great enough to bring the "liquid" up and into the garden hose. Last year Sears was selling a simialar device, the "miracle grow" was in the pot under the sprinkler. Sooo my question is this: Does anyone know of a attachment like this that would work from a low pressure water system? Thanks in advance, ddt
frank
Richfield Springs, NY
(Zone 4a)

June 19, 2001
10:44 AM

Post #84537

Here's a few thoughts; you may be able to turn the pressure up on the pressure switch, or put a smaller diameter hose after the fertilizer unit. By doing either of these, it may work. Make sure you can blow through the pickup tube. I have the same unit and it is very easy to plug the venturi. I know there are other fertilizer injectors, but I think they are expensive.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America