Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

attention bargain lovers

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I won't take credit for this as some nice member already mentioned it in another forum ( I just don't remember which one). www.flowerscentgardens.com is selling orange echinacea (Art's Pride) for $6.95 ea. I bought 4. Yipee!!! He said he had lots of them available. and he also carries the white and I think the razzmatazz (not sure on this one). Please pass this along to your buddies in other forums. Glenn Varner sounded super nice on the phone and is rated 100% in gardenwatchdog.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I have heard that Glenn is great to deal with and he is obviously very honest. Be sure and read the description on the orange echinacea. He lets you know in advance that there may be a problem with what you receive since there was some mix up. If you don't mind taking the chance, his prices are excellent!

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks trunnels for your thorough reading of his explanation. I immediately called and he confirmed the "mixup". He couldn't quantify what is the % risk of getting Mango among the Art's Pride. Oh well, didn't really want the Mango, but I guess I'll make myself happy since I got them for $6.95, and if I do get Mango and I don't like it, well here is something for my trading stash...

Oh boy, I hope others follow this thread and are alerted and not too misguided w/ my twisted tip.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I'm sure if you don't like them, someone will take them off your hands. :-)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

This is a great place to get some of the more unusual plants, and you are right, the prices a right. I put in a nice order so thanks for the pointer.
Margie, aka Queen of Dirtland

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the introduction...I've been looking for a really fragrant honeysuckle for a long time.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the tip and the website link. I hadn't visited this one before.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.