Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Texas Gardening: attention bargain lovers

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 154
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2005
4:46 PM

Post #1248208

I won't take credit for this as some nice member already mentioned it in another forum ( I just don't remember which one). www.flowerscentgardens.com is selling orange echinacea (Art's Pride) for $6.95 ea. I bought 4. Yipee!!! He said he had lots of them available. and he also carries the white and I think the razzmatazz (not sure on this one). Please pass this along to your buddies in other forums. Glenn Varner sounded super nice on the phone and is rated 100% in gardenwatchdog.
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2005
6:20 PM

Post #1248369

I have heard that Glenn is great to deal with and he is obviously very honest. Be sure and read the description on the orange echinacea. He lets you know in advance that there may be a problem with what you receive since there was some mix up. If you don't mind taking the chance, his prices are excellent!
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2005
6:35 PM

Post #1248382

Thanks trunnels for your thorough reading of his explanation. I immediately called and he confirmed the "mixup". He couldn't quantify what is the % risk of getting Mango among the Art's Pride. Oh well, didn't really want the Mango, but I guess I'll make myself happy since I got them for $6.95, and if I do get Mango and I don't like it, well here is something for my trading stash...

Oh boy, I hope others follow this thread and are alerted and not too misguided w/ my twisted tip.
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2005
6:42 PM

Post #1248400

Oh, I'm sure if you don't like them, someone will take them off your hands. :-)
loudigger
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2005
4:45 PM

Post #1253621

This is a great place to get some of the more unusual plants, and you are right, the prices a right. I put in a nice order so thanks for the pointer.
Margie, aka Queen of Dirtland
Yuska
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2005
5:14 PM

Post #1253697

Thanks for the introduction...I've been looking for a really fragrant honeysuckle for a long time.
htop
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2005
1:10 AM

Post #1254456

Thanks for the tip and the website link. I hadn't visited this one before.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America