Rose ID

Jamestown, PA(Zone 5a)

I just put a photo of the rose I need ID ed on the photo forum. Thanks
Vicki

I posted where you have your photo. Check it out to see if this might be the one you are talking about .

Olive Branch, MS(Zone 7b)

Your best bet is to ask your neighbor what the rose is. :) If he doesn't know, then take a sample, including foliage, to your local rose society's next meeting. Lots of folks there will be happy to guess, and since they live locally to you, they'll be more familiar with what grows well in your area, as well as the roses that are common to your area. Local advice is always best.

Jamestown, PA(Zone 5a)

the neighbor doesn't know and I am in a SMALL town. There are no societies. I posted this on the photo forum and I think I have the answer. I'm pretty sure it's a Dorothy Perkins. Thanks for the advice!

Olive Branch, MS(Zone 7b)

Vic, check out HelpMeFind http://www.helpmefind.com/ for pictures of Zepherine Drouhin. The blooms on your pic are too large for Dorothy Perkins, and the relative thornlessness comment and hot pink color match up with Zepherine to me.

Jamestown, PA(Zone 5a)

It's just the angle of the shot in the photo. I measured the blooms- they are very small. one to 1.5 inches max. The color is hot pink though. Thanks. I'll check out the Zepherine.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

It looks like Dorothy perkins to me, does it go mouldy in late summer cos if it does its our Dorothy, i grow her sister Excelsa.

Jamestown, PA(Zone 5a)

I'll keep an eye on it to see. It's really hardy, but I do seem to remember it gets a little funky by the end of the year. The neighbors do not do anything at all with it, which is one of the reasons I want it. How do you like Excelsa? I am really interested in the super hardy ramblers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.