Photo by Melody

Container Gardening: How Many Containers? / Container Champ!

Communities > Forums > Container Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Container GardeningReplies: 13, Views: 501
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tim
Palmyra, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2001
3:57 PM

Post #85476

Uh I need more time!! LOL I have to dig some up to see if they are still in their containers when I buried them!!!!!!
jody
MD &, VA
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2001
4:18 PM

Post #85480

heheheh, don't think I could count all of mine in one day, specailly if the greenhouse is included, OH MY!!
Tim
Palmyra, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2001
6:05 PM

Post #85526

Oh MY!! I think I'll be in the last place, I may have about 100.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2001
9:15 PM

Post #85606

Tim, trust me you ain't in last place buddy. I can almost count my containers on my fingers -

3 agapanthus buried up to their necks
1 old canning kettle with tansy
1 chair with portulaca
4 "tubs" with annuals on the deck and porch
1 trough under a window out front
2 tin buckets with annuals
3 pots of New Guinea impatiens hiding the crawlspace entrance
2 deck planter boxes

That's 17 if my math is correct. So I'd only need two hands and one and half feet to count them. Or two feet and one and a half hands, or... :)

Oh, I forgot the single/solitary/lonely/lone inside planter with a Christmas cactus (I usually forget to water it, too poor baby.) So I'm up to 18. Boy if I think really hard, I could maybe get to 20...

Can this be like golf and low score wins?????
Essensia
San Lorenzo, CA

June 21, 2001
9:38 PM

Post #85609

Y'all amaze me once again! Only 22 pots for me, not counting the approximately 60 annual seedlings that will graduate to pots in a few weeks.

I just started in early May, so I expect that the number will be very different this time next year!
Cena

June 22, 2001
1:22 AM

Post #85660

Oooooooohhhhhh, I have taken 7 truck loads over to MIL's and was planning on counting when I brought them back. Thought it would be tooooooo discouraging to know while I was still moving them: I'd just be stressing at how many I still had to move!

Best guesstimate is about 300, all in pots. So I'm hanging in the middle there.

Lord, why? Is the question I most ask myself. Isn't 100 enough, 200? When will it end? I seem to come home with seeds or starts everytime I leave the house. I have no shame, I will stop the car, and approch total strangers just to talk about their interesting plants growing in their yard...

Psssssst, where's the 12 Step meeting this week?

Cena
Nan
SW, WI
(Zone 4b)

June 22, 2001
6:46 PM

Post #85908

Did you all actually figger this out? IF I do count the indoor containers PLUS the outdoor containers, I'd bet I've got 400 or more! YIKES>>>>> I'll have to do a real count. My kids counted just indoor plants a few years ago - since then I've gotten rid of some but have obtained more...there was 348 then.
quynh
Olympia, WA

June 25, 2001
9:10 PM

Post #86889

sorry i missed it too busy adding more to the numbers :0)

i never realized how many until i counted. wow maybe i should slow down because i have no idea where i'm gonna find room in the house for them during winter.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 28, 2001
6:00 PM

Post #88003

OK, I counted them finally (borrowed the neighbors fingers and toes} I only have 250 containers. BUT! it took over 30 cubic YARDS of dirt to fill them. LOL I use very large containers!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America