Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center "Wildflower Days" opens March 14, 2005. It is a great place to visit for all the native wildflowers in bloom.

What a great place for a plant swap.

I usually go to their Spring plant sale-starts in April. Plants are a little high but not too bad. Some of the wildflower seed are really high. Like Indian Paint Brush.

It is located in Austin, here is there link http://www.wildflower.org/?nd=wfd

Sunshine365 ;-)

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I stopped by once, late in the year, but I'd really love to go when things are blooming! Since you are there, can you suggest the best time for me and my local friends to have a little field trip?

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

I went last year in the middle of April. There were lots of blooms, but I think it would of been better probobably around April 1st or even end of March.

You could call them and ask when they would recomend. Here is a picture from then. I always date my pictures when I save them on the computer, can't rely on my memory as well anymore. LOL

Hope you enjoy it if you go.

:-) Sonnia

This message was edited Feb 12, 2005 8:09 PM

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

That is beautiful!! I was just passing thru on the way back from San Antonio last year and thought while I was there I just had to stop by. It was in Nov. and everything was dead but I could just imagine it would be worth going to see. We had better start planning because the end of March will be here before we know it!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I went last year a couple of times (one of my sisters lives in Austin, bought a family membership.) My first visit was the very end of April- a little past the prime time, but I was amazed how much was still in bloom. I have an album on Webshots of that first visit- http://community.webshots.com/album/159148671MALsXE . My username on Webshots is onujonuj (it is sooo hard to get names that haven't already been taken!)- http://community.webshots.com/user/onujonuj . I post mostly garden photos- Antique Rose Emporium, Arbor Gate nursery (in Tomball), stuff going on in my garden. I'm working on updating and adding right now.

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Maggiemoo,
What a nice album. I was surprised how much was still blooming.

That is so neat, or as everyone says now adays, so cool, to put them on a website. I am not that computer savvy to figure all that out. I am always amazed what you can do now adays with the internet and digital cameras, and even cell phones. Sooooo Cool :-)

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Sunshine,
Webshots is a super easy way to post photos on the web, and you can do it for free! There are other free photo-hosting websites out there, I'm exploring a few, but so far I'm most comfortable w/Webshots (probably because I've worked with it longer.)

Glad you enjoyed the album. I hope to get lots of good pictures this spring, on my second annual "wildflower/forgotten garden hunt" (I shoot with my camera.) Are you planning on going to the Central TX roundup in Kerrvile (April 23)?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.