Photo by Melody

Garden Talk: Mother Nature is Coming to Visit!

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 10, Views: 140
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rosie163
Fort Smith, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2001
8:42 PM

Post #85591

Great idea!! The thing she's gonna get me for is whacking on her trees. I call it "bonsai" but I think she'll know the difference. Some misplanted trees were threatening to get too tall and put too much shade on certain beds, so I sneak out in the winter and hack tham back til they look like dwarfs!! Some of these guys have large trunks with "little bitty" tops. Beats the alternative.
Ivey
Lyles, TN

June 21, 2001
11:31 PM

Post #85635

Karma~ uh...This "green slim" you referred to...is that some kind of new earthy weight-loss product? :)
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2001
3:01 AM

Post #85702

I could go on for pages... I have dozens of seedlings that are hanging on by a thread. I haven't planted them yet because the ground isn't ready. I have 2 yards of compost waiting to be moved... a pile of rocks waiting to be placed... About 50 feet of border space that needs to be turned... weeds coming up EVERYWHERE... annuals that need to be planted... a path that needs to be made... a pond that needs a good cleaning ... shrubs that need to be trimmed ... a 50-mile-high pile of garden debris that's waiting to be shredded for compost. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 22, 2001
5:57 AM

Post #85743

She is going to shake her head sadly and say "shame on you, for not taking enough time to stop and enjoy the garden"
Amari
Austin, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2001
6:41 AM

Post #85749

Ah, she's gonna get me for the morning glory seeds that were planted *behind* the trellis - duh, plant them in FRONT where they get the sun! The fan flower that was marked full sun, but bakes in part shade here. The periwinkles that the cats have destroyed because I've been too lazy to keep them out of the bed. The bag of garden soil that hubby bought which I didn't look at before I used it - "mix with existing soil" - oops. Don't know if I'll get hit for the caterpillers that I allowed to chow down on my plants - that could be a plus or a minus in her book :)

AnnMarie
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

June 22, 2001
12:16 PM

Post #85795

the butterfly bushes that i trimmed-the sticks still need raked out of there. The fountain needs cleaned! the wisteria needs a new trellis-heavy duty this time!! Im sure she will find more stuff out there to shake her finger at me
dori
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2001
2:48 PM

Post #85840

well, the sign by my back door says: "Gramma Nature," so we'll probably sit down and have a nice cup of tea and chat about how hard it all gets at a certain age and degree of infirmity! She knows I try very hard, and all of the little gaffs in my gardens are mostly left because of exhaustion, or because some grandchild thinks that it's the "prettiest flower in the world!" The weeds are reallly wild flowers, the bugs are just little pieces of creation that want to nibble on the good stuff. I may complain a bit about the vole invasion in the rock gardens, and ask her for a couple of good sized garter snakes, and she'll probably take me to tasks for the apple trees that I killed this winter, and the ones that I haven't gotten planted yet. I expect we'll have a lovely time, and if she feels up to it, we might even head back to the woods to see if she has any ideas for cleaning up what the horrible loggers left me back there.
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2001
3:29 PM

Post #86188

My grandkids are coming today for a week (whoopee!!) so don't have much spare time on my hands. So am taking the short way out and hoping that you will look at my contribution. Have a wonderful weekend :-)

http://franciscancards.com/platinum5/magiccard.cgi?0622112617065351

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America