Interactive Garden Humor

Olympia, WA

This is so much fun if you are the kind of person who has garden visitors - beyond family members. The hard part is finding one of the old rotary dial phones. (You can use anyting, but these somehow seem best). Locate the phone where guests are going to see it ...............and naturally, they ARE going to ask ...."Why do you have a phone in the garden?" .............and at that point, you just slyly grin and answer "In case Mother Nature calls!"

grins

Vicki

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

LOL Love it!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, I've got to do it! I'll grab an old phone at the next garage sale.

Edinburg, TX

LOL! Never even thought of that!

I discontinued the house phone service a few years ago and never removed the wall ones because I didn't want to remove the socket, plug the holes and paint the wall...looks like I might have to do it now that you came up with that funny idea!!!

Phoenix, AZ

Lol!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Thats a hoot and a great conversation piece.
Bonnie

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Fishy....I bet by now you have one and it is painted blue or purple. LOL!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

What a cute sign that would be! I have a Secret Garden for my grandson behind our pond. His phone was a big hit when we were on a garden tour recently. Wish I had a little sign then! (And no, you can't see his garden from the rest of our yard!)

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Edinburg, TX

A friend of mine recently retired from working with the phone company...he loved the phone idea!

Winterville, GA(Zone 7b)

Great idea. I do have an old rotary phone, but it's in too good of shape to put in the garden because it actually works! In fact, during a snow storm one year our satellite and digital phone services wouldn't work, but our old rotary phone did! If I ever come across another old phone though, I think I'll just have to buy it for the garden. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images