Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Roses: Please help me find these roses

Communities > Forums > Roses
bookmark
Forum: RosesReplies: 4, Views: 342
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Linnea
Tilton, NH
(Zone 4a)

June 21, 2001
7:43 PM

Post #6954

i am looking for Dr van Fleet, a wite-to-pink climber. My great-Grandmother has/had this in her gardens, and everwhere I've tried is sold out or no longer carrying them! I tried Roses Unlimited, Mary's plant farm, Pickering Nurseries, and Old Heirloom and Garden Roses.

The other rose I am looking for has no name that I know of, other than River rose. It is a shrubby rose, single red flowers with a hint of purple, and it grows profusely around the Heceta Head lighthouse in Oregon. Any help on this one would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Cedar
Rosie163
Fort Smith, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2001
7:57 PM

Post #85574

Hi, Cedar. Here's a list of suppliers from helpmefind. May be hard to find this time of year. Good luck.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/splst.php?n=1560&order=name&hdg=Dr. W. Van Fleet
deener
Stockholm, NJ
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2001
4:49 PM

Post #86201

Rosie 163,

Thank you for this link. Am searching for rugosas and will try your list of suppliers.
eyesoftexas
Toadsuck, TX
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2001
4:38 PM

Post #87198

I have a very prolific, I call it a Rambler,
much like your discription. Let me know if you want some cuttings.

Jerrie
Tomatoguy

June 30, 2001
3:19 AM

Post #88509

Hi Linnea,

You may want to grow Dr. Van Fleet for sentimental reasons-it is, I believe, a once-blooming rose. This rose has a sport (ie, identical in appearance) to DVF, but it repeats-ie, it will bloom all summer and not just once. The name of this rose is New Dawn. Finally, there is a sport of ND that has a more double flower of the semi-double ND, called Awakening. This is the one that I grow and am quite pleased with it.

John

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America