Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Poison Bulb, Grand Crinum Lily, Spider Lily (Crinum asiaticum)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 3, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
onalee
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2005
1:57 PM

Post #1293534

Poison Bulb, Giant Crinum Lily, Grand Crinum Lily, Spider Lily
Crinum asiaticum

Crinum asiaticum, Grand Crinum Lily, Spider Lily Growing near Brooksville, FL - Feb 2005

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/93829/

Thumbnail by onalee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jbyrd
Conyers, GA

August 3, 2006
7:09 PM

Post #2583293

I have just uploaded a picture of My Crinum Lily hopefully to be posted soon. My leaves are the same or similar but my flowers are not the same white spider looking type. I hope I havent misidentified my plant. My flowers are dark fuscia trumpet shaped. This website is very cool. I moved into my home last November and our yard this spring/summer has been one surprise blooming plant after another.

The picture I uploaded was to the Crinum Lily page... should have done it here too.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2006 3:11 PM
onalee
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 4, 2006
5:10 AM

Post #2585242

Hi Jbyrd,
I think that your plant is probably this crinum, not a spider lily crinum:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/77859/index.html

There are literally 100's of types of crinum lilies, so it sometimes takes some research to correctly idenfity them. You can always post photos to the 'identification' forum for help, there are always lots of folks checking that forum to help ID plants.

You should have your photo moved either to that other crinum above or have it removed until you can get it positively identified on the ID forum. they can help with all your other SURPRISE blooms, too!

thanks!

Onalee
jbyrd
Conyers, GA

August 7, 2006
2:47 PM

Post #2595838

Wow, Thanks... Someone else responded to my picture with the same answer. I am learning alot from this webpage.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America