Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Texas Gardening: Neil Sperry's All Texas Garden Show

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 16, Views: 188
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 22, 2005
6:44 PM

Post #1302769

Neil Sperry's Garden Show is this weekend at the Arlington Convention Center.
http://www.neilsperry.com/allgarden.shtml
texasgarden
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 22, 2005
8:42 PM

Post #1302929

Oooh I can't wait for my husband to ask me what I want to do for my birthday. I can already hear the groaning when I tell him "I want to go to the Garden Show." Ha! Thanks for posting that. :)
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 22, 2005
8:44 PM

Post #1302936

If you go, let me know when you will be there. We might be there at the same time! Sending you mail.
mkjones
Aurora, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 24, 2005
2:42 PM

Post #1305995

Oh, wow--I have SO got to go to this!!! Thanks for posting!

MKJ in Trophy Club
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 24, 2005
3:26 PM

Post #1306065

It would be cool if everyone from Dave's who attends would have some sort of sticky on that says Dave's Garden on it. That way we could meet each other. I know I can get a plain white label from work and write Dave's Garden on it. Sweezel and TexasGarden also plan to be there so I'm thinking many more DGer's might be attending.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 24, 2005
3:51 PM

Post #1306107

Hello Every one, I could go on Sunday the 27th from 10 to 12. I think it would be a great idea to wear the Dave's tag or label so we can find each other. Can any of you make it on Sunday morning? I would love to meet all of you. Please let me know.
Expectantly, Josephine.
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 24, 2005
3:52 PM

Post #1306108

Josephine,
I am going on Saturday but if I can't see it all, I might go on Sunday, too. :)
Posie4U
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 25, 2005
11:12 AM

Post #1307639

A friend and I are going this afternoon. This will be the first time I have been to one of his shows. I have been warned to take plenty of sacks to carry your goodies in. One person I know took a wagon last year.
Posie4U
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 26, 2005
12:51 AM

Post #1308877

What a wonderful time. There was so much to see and so much to buy and so many decisions to make. I am thoroughly exhausted, but it is a good exhausted. Will sleep very soundly today. By the way, if I go next year, a wagon will go with me.
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 26, 2005
12:23 PM

Post #1309347

Oh, no! LOL I am looking forward to it but better make sure my trunk is empty before I go. :-)
mkjones
Aurora, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 26, 2005
10:32 PM

Post #1310087

Went today--wagon would have been nice to have! I left with a LOVELY overflowing hanging basket of variegated nasturtium w/yellow & orange blooms for only 11.95 from the Blue Moon Gardens booth. A man walked up on my way out, and said, "That's the exact plant I featured on the news last night; WFAA, if you caught it. That very plant...you got a really good one there." It was Neil Sperry. =)

I'm having a wonderful day, and the show was MARVELOUS! Can't wait to get my new upcoming issues of Garden, the Neil Sperry magazine either!!

=) MKJ
Posie4U
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2005
7:17 AM

Post #1310733

Hey MKJ. I saw you with the hanging basket at Blue Moon and also saw you leaving with it holding it high. It was very pretty and BIG!

Wasn't the show just the greatest. By the time I got through oogling, buying, and drooling, I was nearly too tired to drive home.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2005
9:08 PM

Post #1311594

Hello Every One, we went to the show this morning hoping to see some one from Dave's, but we had no luck, however, we did get a lot of attention from the exibitors, because we had our name tags on, mine read; Dave's Garden (Frostweed)
My husband's read; Dave's Garden ( Frostweed's husband)
We had a lot of fun and the show was very nice, but we had to get back home because we have a lot of shredding to do. We have fallen behind on our chores beacuse of the rainy Sundays we have had lately.
Josephine.
mkjones
Aurora, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2005
9:58 PM

Post #1311678

How nifty, Posie4U!! Too bad we didn't know that we were DG'ers at the time! The little girl w/the babydoll stroller was my daughter...you might have heard her, "Mommy, NOW can we go on to see the rest??" She was so good, and had a great time, but her patience wears thin when Mother finds plants to obsess over! lol

Love the nametags, Frostweed! Your husband's "handle" was cute. =) The show was great...

MKJ
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 4, 2005
1:55 AM

Post #1319171

Texasgarden (Jamie) and Sweezel (Staci) on Saturday with first load of goodies to take to our cars!
trunnels
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 4, 2005
1:57 AM

Post #1319173

Oops! Forgot picture.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 5, 2005
6:08 PM

Post #1321623

Well, here is a picture of my husband Frank and me, Josephine, at the flower show, with our tags on.
Wish we had our eyes open, but I guess that is o.k.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America