Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Texas Gardening: Has the cold front moved thru yet?

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

February 24, 2005
11:04 PM

Post #1306919

It hit here about 4:00 this afternoon, fell 10 degrees in 10 minutes(from 72 to 62) and it's still falling a little. Supposed to go to low 50's tonight. I sure hope we get some rain out of this, they've been promising rain for a week now but it hasn't made it to the valley yet.
maggiemoo
Conroe, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 25, 2005
1:27 PM

Post #1307675

Cala, we got rain like crazy all day yesterday, and it got cold. The sun is coming through the haze right now, but we should only get to 60 degrees today, and then more rain for the weekend, starting tonight.

While I had hoped to be in the garden this weekend, I'm happy for the rain. I had spread my alfalfa pellets last weekend and kept expecting the promised rain to water them in, but the rain never came! I'm sure I'll find all kinds of indoor projects to work on this weekend... like maybe cleaning the house? (No! No! Anything but that!!)
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

February 25, 2005
5:24 PM

Post #1308112

Maggie, you know it doesn't do any good to clean the house when it's raining!
It was 62 at home and 57 at work this morning, no rain yet but the clouds have rolled in. They are saying lots of rain this weekend. I had the same luck as you, I spread plant food pellets and then the promised rain didn't arrive. I had planned to work in the garden, but now I'll have an excuse to go plant shopping(the nursery is inside a huge greenhouse).

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America