Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Silene (maybe?)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

This is a photo from Tom Clothier's site. He has it listed as Silene virginica, but when I asked him about it, he told me that's not the correct species; it was apparently labeled wrong when he received it in a trade and he's not sure what it is. Can you help identify it? I'd like to know before I need to start finding a home for the seedlings.

Thumbnail by Terry
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi my friend, I know someone who would love to have some of the seedlings..By the way, I haven't lost a single one of the plants that I got from you. Do you want me to send some of the smaller old fashioned phlox since you said you failed to get any? I can't believe I let you leave twice and forgot to give you any of those. Sorry my dear.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Howdy, neighbor friend! Just e-mailed you about some other things. I think I'll hold off on the phlox until fall or spring, unless you need to thin some out; DH will probably not be happy if I drag home more plants that need a new bed dug for them this summer..... :)

Petaluma, CA

Could it be the Silene known as moss campion? I've seen it listed as S.schafta.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.