Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

California Gardening: This is part of the new gardening tactic (going xeriscape)

Communities > Forums > California Gardening
bookmark
Forum: California GardeningReplies: 5, Views: 114
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 23, 2005
2:21 AM

Post #1355776

trying to anyway. The last flooding we had almost had me planting tropicals, but then I remember the summer heat here. That mound is decomposed granite. Hopefully that fence will keep some of the water out..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 23, 2005
2:23 AM

Post #1355781

bed number 2. this is the other half of the yard, we still need to make the DG (decomposed Granite) paths.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 23, 2005
2:24 AM

Post #1355784

One more of the inside garden, closer to the house. These were put in about two weeks ago, maybe a little less. I sure hope they can take some sun. OOOps, I have to remove that small fountain out of the cactus..

Thumbnail by Gourd

KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

March 23, 2005
3:24 PM

Post #1356724

Wow, Gourd, it looks great. Love the mounding part -- will keep that in mind when we start on our "preserve" where all the weeds are now! We're planting natives on most of our land, except for some fruit trees, veggies, and potted stuff on the terrace.

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 24, 2005
5:14 PM

Post #1359802

WOW, so much room to plant in. I wish you good luck. What fun to start from scratch. How hot does it get in the summer?

Is that orange flower in the first picture a cactus?
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

March 24, 2005
6:49 PM

Post #1360039

Hi Kell,
The orange flower is ice plant, I have it in hanging baskets, they are so bright. There is alot of room to plant, but my back and neck are taking it's toll on me. There is another acre & 1/2 full of weeds that needs to be mowed down. The weeds are so tall that they mush up in the lawn mower, not to mention muddy..lol.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other California Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hello fellow Californians....let's introduce ourselves! Kachinagirl 398 Mar 12, 2011 9:02 PM
Your area's best nurseries srkrause 98 Aug 9, 2007 10:51 PM
Any gopher solutions? Zuzu 410 Nov 19, 2011 8:08 PM
Procrastinating and Pots Happenstance 114 May 8, 2007 11:53 AM
Anyone else have squirrel problems? lilystorm 23 Aug 2, 2008 6:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America