Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

California Gardening: Growing experiences with Fouquiera Splendens (Ocotillo)

Communities > Forums > California Gardening
bookmark
Forum: California GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Chuck1260
Arroyo Grande, CA

March 27, 2005
1:27 AM

Post #1365131

I bought several ocotillo when I was at The Living Desert last fall. They are still in pots but starting to leaf out. It took me a long time to find them so I am reluctant to just plant them in the ground. Has anyone outside of the desert areas, even the desert areas had any luck in planting them out or are they to be considered strickly pot plants?
Chuck1260
Arroyo Grande, CA

April 17, 2005
12:31 AM

Post #1407519

I guess I should ask this question on the cactus and succulents forum or the dry garden fourm.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other California Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hello fellow Californians....let's introduce ourselves! Kachinagirl 398 Mar 12, 2011 9:02 PM
Your area's best nurseries srkrause 98 Aug 9, 2007 10:51 PM
Any gopher solutions? Zuzu 410 Nov 19, 2011 8:08 PM
Procrastinating and Pots Happenstance 114 May 8, 2007 11:53 AM
Anyone else have squirrel problems? lilystorm 23 Aug 2, 2008 6:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America