Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Welcome Mat: a bit about me....

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 9, Views: 150
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kriszti
Valparaiso, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2001
1:50 PM

Post #7109

Hi Everybody,
Time flies. I might be a procrastinator too. (and a mousepotato) :) I like to read better than to write, these are the reason why I haven't said much. Seems like I am addicted to reading about plants and gardening.
Thank you and congratulations to Dave for this wonderful website, it helps me a lot to learn more about gardening. Not that I am a beginner, but there is always something I don't know. :o) We live in NW. Indiana with my DH of 35 years. I was born in Hungary, and I am a happy American.
Have a nice gardening,
Kriszti
dave

June 24, 2001
3:10 PM

Post #86476

Thanks for the introduction Kriszti, and welcome!

Your name looks Hungarian in origin - is it?

Dave
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 24, 2001
3:28 PM

Post #86477

What a nice intro Kriszti! Welcome to daves!
kriszti
Valparaiso, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2001
1:57 PM

Post #86747

Thank you for the welcome Dave and justmeLisa. Yes, Dave my name is a nickname in Hungarian of my real name. When I was naturalized I had a free choice to "Americanize" my name so I have changed to an official English first name (Christina).
Regardless of trying to become an American so hard, I have never mastered to loose my accent, when I speak.
Anyhow, how interesting that I have just noticed another Hungarian name among the members ( Geza), which is my husbands Hungarian name. I asked him(husband), - When did you get on this website? :) Am I boring you guys/gals yet?

Kriszti

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2001
3:46 PM

Post #86786

Kriszti, welcome to Dave's Garden! Accent, what accent? I just hear a fellow gardener, and it's really nice to have you here!
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

June 26, 2001
2:01 PM

Post #87127

welcome to daves garden-have fun
dori
Amari
Austin, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 26, 2001
7:51 PM

Post #87272

Hi Kriszti - welcome! Don't worry about your accent one bit. My mom and dad were born in Texas, but have a heavy German accent. I ended up with a strange blend of that and Texas twang ;)
Sis

July 5, 2001
5:13 PM

Post #90671

Lost my message but try it again, like gardening'''LOL Joined today and thanks Dave for this site' Glad to meet everyone'
eyesoftexas
Toadsuck, TX
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2001
6:38 PM

Post #90711

Kriszti,

I'm all Texas twang, so much for that.
Welcome my friend to a wonderful community of gardeners...I'm sure you have hundreds of great stories.

Jerrie
mikepiper
Circleville, OH
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2001
8:22 PM

Post #90789

Kriszti

An ohio welcome comes your way with a BLH included.You will have a lot of fun here at DG.
Mike

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America