The single most time saving improvement for me (and one that would encourage me to use the journal facility more) would be to be able to click on the RID (or some other check box) and perform a single action to multiple entries rather than the requirement to perform all the "move" steps each time to each entry. Additionally, allowing a user to right click on an entry and delete/move/clone/whatever would be very helpful. Both of these suggestions fall under the heading of "anything that reduces the number of clicks to accomplish work in the journal is a good thing".
I agree. Having to go through so many steps to move lots of items is why my journal is no longer up to date.
When we built our house, I moved all my plants and started keeping track of where I moved them from/to into another journal.
I got so far behind, because it took longer to move the plant in the journal than it did in the garden, and I had tons of them to move in one season. Therefore, I have lots of unidentified plants and plants I can no longer find. :) And a journal that's badly out of date.