Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cacti and Succulents: succulent id please?

Communities > Forums > Cacti and Succulents
bookmark
Forum: Cacti and SucculentsReplies: 4, Views: 153
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
quynh
Olympia, WA

June 26, 2001
1:51 AM

Post #7187

here is the link to it's place on the id form
http://davesgarden.com/showthread/50209.html. thanks so much. i've been trying not to get plants w/o knowing names but just couldn't resist this one.
cactusmcharris
Kamloops, BC
(Zone 4b)

June 26, 2001
1:04 PM

Post #87100

It's Crassula falcata.
pisces

(Zone 4b)

June 26, 2001
1:24 PM

Post #87113

Jeff, I thought all crassula were tree-like. How do you distinguish between a crassula like this one and one of the many aloes or those other jobbies (am I thinking of Haworthia here?) that also are fleshy and whose leaves spiral out of a base stem?
cactusmcharris
Kamloops, BC
(Zone 4b)

June 26, 2001
2:16 PM

Post #87139

Dear Shelly,

All that glitters is not gold. I guess it comes from seeing the plant many times, from looking at pics, and from rubbing shoulders with many succulentists. C. falcata is easily identifiable, while many other crassulas are not. I guess it's not so much the criteria for a certain genus that I look for, but at the plant itself. My photographic memory is missing a few pixels, but there are some plants one knows instantly.
pisces

(Zone 4b)

June 27, 2001
5:29 PM

Post #87605

No magic trick, then, huh? Doopery doo. You mean I actually need to LEARN this stuff in order to know it? Darn...

Gorgeous plant, by the way! You must be proud!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America