Setting the Date for the Nov 2005 CTRU

Deep South Texas, TX(Zone 9a)

It's official! We'll be getting together again in Nov for the 2nd Central TexasRound Up!!

To make sure that all can be there I'd like to hear any ideas on which weekend would work best. Below is a calendar with all the holidays and planting days noted (light green - good; dark green - best). There's also a note about my twin grandchildren's birthday, which is the same weekend Margie/loudigger will be in Chile for another round up.

So now you have all the basic info, let's hear your ideas!

Donna

Thumbnail by dstartz
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I will go with the flow but, me thinks the the earlier in November the better.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Hey, if y'all came to south TX it would be warm!

But then Kipper and I couldn't build a fire!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Cala, wouldn't a little cool weather be a nice change of pace for you? :-)

I'm with John, the earlier in Nov the better - to avoid the extreme cold, and to avoid the Thanksgiving prep rush. Either of the first two weekends would work for me.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

don't know about Kerrville, but here November is usually very wet and frequently cold. I could even go for late Oct.

Whenever, I am sure we will try to come.

trois

Kipper could still build a fire, the weather would be nice, probably 75-80 day, 55-60 at night......perfect for a fire. Maggiemoo, we aren't as hot as Houston and Dallas and we have a nice breeze most of the time. End of July, first of August is usually pretty hot, but not intolerable.

Weather for

Nov 5

2004 73/35
2003 77/68
2002 73/46

Nov 12

2004 51/38
2003 77/68
2002 64/42

No precipitation on any of those days.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Early November is better for me and late October sounds even better after thinking about it, Trois. Whatever date is chosen is fine with me. I have to contemplate what plants would be good to bring then and start making plans to start them so they have a good root sytem by then. I usually don't have much to plant at that time of year. I usually plant my perennials and native plants in the middle of or late September if am planting any so they have time for the roots to develop some before the freezes start showing themselves. Oh, I could start cool weather annuals too like violas and pansies and ... stop, Self. You need to plant the plants you have now and quit thinking about the next Roundup!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Late Oct-early November is my druthers.

Late Oct is bad for Maggiemoo as that is one of the busiest times for her at work. It is also a bad time for Margie, who will be going to the Round Up in Chile, and possibly for me, as I hope to go to Fiesta in Alb once again this year.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Then we are looking at November. Wow, Albania!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Albania?

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Anything but the first or second weekend in October for me is great. As far as weather goes, remember we do live in Texas. The weathermen have a hard time predicting the weather for the next day, forget about 6 months ahead! We have had November days almost as hot as September and some in September as cold as December. Mary Lee

No, silly, Albuquerque.

Here's info on the sun/moon rise/set for Nov 5th and 12th in Kerrville.

Thumbnail by dstartz
Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

OK, Ok....should I change my user name to Firespark or just plan ol' Firebug?? The weekend of the 12th would be fine for me since it's after the BD's and well before Turkey Day. Too late in the month and I get into the Christmas season.

PS: Donna, did ya get my email??

Yes, you silly boy! I did. Then I had to explain to Ernest why I was laughing so much.

Sorry I didn't reply . My system crashed and then it was 'Out of sight, out of mind'. (Life with the mind of a 2 year old..... : - } )

That makes 3 of us voting for the weekend of the 12th. (Myself, Margie, Firestarter...I mean Firebug.... I mean Kipper.)

C'mon, folks. Make your voices heard!!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Since either the 5th or the 12th will work for me, I guess that makes me another vote for the 12th.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Go 12!

Either one for me is great.

12, going once.

12, going twice.....

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Donna, since you're hosting again and its convenient for the others who voted ... count me for the 12th also.

Sold!

The 12th it is!

Thanks,Hazel ;->

I think I might actually be able to make this one. DH said he would babysit the doggie.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

That's my younger son's birthday. With luck, I'll be in California for his birthday. I hope the roundup is a success. Maybe next year.

Yea!!

I look forward to finally getting to meet you. ;->

Do you know, wIll you be staying overnight?

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Betty, I'm sorry we won't get to meet you. (I may have to just stop by some time on my way to or from Austin.)

Cala!! Yippee!

Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

OK, I'll mark the calendar so I can leave the store on Friday, not Saturday. To all the RUers that left their children at the last get-to-gether, I have found homes for all but the ones that I have room to plant. Went to see a girl that I went to high school yesterday (and had a crush on back then) and one of her helpers took the rest for her yard. Oh Yea, I forgot to mention that she is a cut flower farmer down south of Pearland. NEET PLACE.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Kip, it'll be great to visit with you longer in Nov. Thanks for finding good homes for all those babies!

Doris, I'll see if I can clear my calendar to stay overnight. It would be easier, it's a long drive from down here at the south end of TX!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Cala, you'll really enjoy the stay. I ended up getting there a day later than I intended, really wished that I had more time. Donna's got a great place out there, and she and Ernest are great hosts! I'm going to camp out there this time, instead of staying at a local motel (at least, I think that's my plan, but I'm definitely staying longer this time!)

I have a tent somewhere, lol. I remember seeing it once when I was rearranging stuff in the garage.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We will be staying in our van. We are cheapskates.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

If I had a van, that's what I would do. My Hyundai isn't conducive to sleeping.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

One would have to be very short to give that one a go. ;-)

Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

Will it be in Alice? Have not been there in quite a while. So ya'll have it in November so that sounds like South Texas.

if anybody wants antique roses, speak up so I can get them started. I don't know how long it takes to do this air rooting stuff.

shadowgirl, It'll be in Kerrville.

------------------------------------------

Mary Lee, I would love some!!

Donna, do you want shrubs or climbers? How big, what colors?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images