Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

DG Journals and Diaries: Having all sorts of awful problems...

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pedally
Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2005
10:12 PM

Post #1469756

Trying to start a journal and I copied Terries instructions on how to open journal, scroll down to "manage catagories", add a name. go to main page etc. I'm okay until it it says "go to main page (link in right hand column) scroll down to "access by catagory" and click on catagory name you just created.

First: I don't have a right hand column, unless it means the very main page of the Daves Garden Website. If it is, I may as well go up to the top of the page and hit the "journal" tab.

When I get to "Manage your journals I get this page:

Your Journal Summary:

You are looking at your "2005 Journal" Journal.
You have 8 categories.
You have 5 items.
You have 3 statuses.

Main Menu:
Main Page (This page)

Manage Journals (Add/Delete/Move Journals)

Manage Categories (Add/Delete categories)

Statuses (Add/Edit statuses)

Milestones (Add/Edit milestones)

Privacy (Update your privacy settings)

Access All Items (Or see below to narrow your view)

Change your default Journal:
2005 Journal (0 items.)
Default Journal (5 items.)

Access your TODO items:
This will give you a list of all items that still have TODOs attached to them.

TODO Items
Access by Status:
Back yard

As you can tell my page now tells me that the above page is my main page. I have no links in a right hand column, nor a right hand column for that matter.
Terrie's instructions say to scroll down to "access by catagory" and click on catagory name you just created and click on add an item.
second: I don't see the "access by catagory" nor "add an item"

As you can see, I'm lost from the gitgo. Do I have a different version or what? This like rocket science and not fun at all. Please, someone help make it fun.

Thanks
Phil

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 15, 2005
12:12 AM

Post #1469993

Hi, Phil

I'm Terry (with a "y", although if you ask my mom, she'll tell you she thought it should be spelled with an "i" - but never "ie" ;o) At any rate, my instructions ARE obsolete, as the page format has changed - I'm sorry for the confusion.

Here's what you need to do to start a journal

Step 1: Create the journal. Click on "Manage Journals" and type the name of your journal.

Step 2: Create a category. Return to the main page and click on "Manage Categories" and type the name of at least one category. (More on categories in a minute...)

Step 3: Create an item Return to the main page and click on your category link under the heading "Access by Category" Create at least one item by clicking on the link to "Click here to add a new item."

Those are the most basic steps to journal creation. Repeat the second step as many times as necessary to create the categories you want. You can also create sub-categories (For example, a main category might be Flowers, with sub-categories for Annuals, Perennials, and Biennials.

Repeat Step 3 as many times as necessary to create items under each category.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America