AuthorContent
spklatt
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2005
5:06 PM

Post #1491546

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with whoever may be interested that, after some thought, I have decided to close my on-line diary and journal, and keep my garden diary, journal and assorted notes in a hard-cover book instead. I spend enough time on my computer at work and doing other activities on DG, and I've found that I don't want to spend any more time sitting here typing. I'd rather make my notes outside in my garden and in the basement next to my seedling trays, and sketch things as the inspiration strikes me, and read through them wherever I wish, than doing it all sitting at my computer away from my plants. The main downside is that I will no longer be able to have digital photos directly next to my entries, but I am comfortable with keeping them on my hard drive for viewing when necessary.

I am thoroughly impressed with all of the innovations that you have developed on DG, Dave and Terry, and with the thoughtful comments of everyone who contributes to them. The Journal and Diary are great examples of this, and I've learned a lot from reading everyone's entries. I continue to support my fellow DG diarists in their efforts, however they choose to pursue them! :-)

Best regards,
Shannon
Gatineau QC, Canada
May 23, 2005

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 25, 2005
5:03 PM

Post #1496415

Shannon, I noticed that a vendor's site has a free download-able and printable garden journal (I've requested a copy of it, and it should be coming to my email inbox any minute; ) I thought of you: http://www.homesteadharvest.com/gardenjournal.php

spklatt
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 27, 2005
3:25 AM

Post #1500277

Terry,
Thanks for the link. I just requested one as well; it arrived instantly. It looks pretty well laid out. Even if I don't use it verbatim, it's an excellent example. Thanks for thinking of me :-)

Shannon
ceedub
Whitby, ON
(Zone 5b)

May 27, 2005
5:36 PM

Post #1501482

Thanks for showing this to us Terry! I've also received mine and will print it out. Like Shannon, I can't spend a great deal of time on the computer at home or nothing else gets done and DH gets sulky...sigh...

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 175 Sep 25, 2013 4:26 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America