Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

DG Journals and Diaries: I am quite confused - Help please?

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 5, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jos
southwestern, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2005
4:04 AM

Post #1512801

I am attempting to "set-up" my journal for the first time.

It tells me I have the following:

Your Journal Summary:
You are looking at your "Default Journal" Journal.
You have 4 categories.
You have 3 items.
You have 6 statuses.

But when I click on Managing catagories it tells me this:

Managing your categories: Top Level
When you are done, click here to return to your main journal page to continue
You have no categories, yet.

It tells me I have 4 catagories and it also tells me i have no catagories yet! Am I doing something wrong?

ladygold
Houston, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 17, 2005
1:10 PM

Post #1820804

Well, the same thing is happening to me. I entered several statii (statuses) and got told each time that I needed to enter them to get started. So I signed off and wrote to tech support. when I signed back in this morning, I was at Step 2 (Enter categories) but it's the same thing all over again. enter then and nothing hasppens. Try to enter again and get told they are duplicates.

Great concept - horrible implementation.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2005
1:41 PM

Post #1820867

jos, I've taken a look at your journal, and asked Dave to take a look, too - I see what you're saying, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

ladygold, I also looked at your journal, and I think you're off to a good start. Where you may be getting confused is between "managing your categories" and accessing by category."

When you "manage" a category, you are adding, deleting or editing a category.

Once you've set up the categories you want to organize your journal with, then you'll need to go down to the link to "access by category" and click on any of them you've set up and begin adding plants to the appropriate category.

It looks like you've added a couple plants - one under perennials and one under shrubs. Unfortunately, I can't tell if you entered these before or after you posted here.

Are you still experiencing problems? If so, can you tell me what you're trying to do, and what (specifically) happens when you do.

ladygold
Houston, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 25, 2005
2:57 PM

Post #1837577

Everything seems to be OK today. I clicked on the Journals tab and saw what I thought I should see for editing/changing/adding, etc. Mayhap it was some sort of server/database issue. I'm very computer literate - but things were just not working as I expected them to.

Thanks for the help!!

~LG

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2005
3:06 PM

Post #1837594

I'm glad things are working better ladygold! Jos, I meant to reply back here, and got sidetracked. Dave figured out that you had added some things to a journal and then deleted it? (Or maybe you deleted some categories.)

At any rate, he tried to put them back where they should be, so please try again and let us know if things look okay for you, too ;o)
Jos
southwestern, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2005
10:08 PM

Post #1838370

Thanks Terry and Dave. I will check it out!

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America