Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Crinum Lily (Crinum scabrum)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 2, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
onalee
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2005
3:08 AM

Post #1538131

Crinum Lily
Crinum scabrum

Crinum scabrum, Milk and Wine Crinum Lily - Seeds forming on flower stalks after the blooms fade. Don't cut down the tall flowers stalks or you'll lose your seeds!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/103736/

Thumbnail by onalee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

flowergirl27
Venice, FL

July 27, 2008
5:36 PM

Post #5327770

Many of my friends have asked for a cutting from my 5 foot "red crinum lily" When do I cut the seeds? What care do they need. Thanks so much.
onalee
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 28, 2008
2:57 AM

Post #5330233

Hi,
If they get seeds (if it is a hybrid, it won't form seeds), you wait until the seeds fall out of the covering they are in or the covering turns brown and dries on the seeds sometimes. They are fairly large, white colored, round balls that kind of look like the top of a mushroom. Usually, I wait until they fall on the ground and pick them up. Many times the seed stalk itself will lay on the ground and you'll find the seeds at the end of it when they are ready.

Onalee

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America