Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Handyman: Microwave Problem

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 7, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2005
11:25 PM

Post #1542559

Okay, I thought I set the timer on the microwave for something I put in the regular oven. It wasn't the timer though, it was the cook button. It ran for 30 minutes before I discovered my error. So I stopped it and clicked on timer and the balance 30 minutes.

When I go to put the frozen snap peas in the microwave to cook, the light goes on, the plate goes round and round, the time works, but no cooking.

I unplugged it, hopefully to reset to "default" and tried again. Still not cooking. This microwave is less than a year old.

Did I break it? or is there a reset button somewhere?

Please help.

Molly
:^)))

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2005
11:31 PM

Post #1542573

Sorry, I don't know. But if it's broken, is it still under warranty, being less than a year old?
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2005
11:42 PM

Post #1542602

Hi Darius,

I will assume that it probably is under manufacturers warranty. I am sure I have the owners manual in my file, but not sure if I have the reciept. Bought it at Lowes last September, Labor Day.

Molly
slgrowers
N. Mississippi, MS
(Zone 8a)

June 14, 2005
3:46 PM

Post #1546722

Have you kicked it? I find that works a lot of the times. ;-)

I know nothing about microwaves, wish I could help. My guess is that you cooked it. lol
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2005
4:12 PM

Post #1546804

OOPS! I forgot to come back here. I left the thing unplugged overnight. Came home next day to heat a cup of water and it worked. It must have overheated.

Well, I know to be more careful about the timer now. My son tells me "Mom, that microwave doesn't know if there is food in there or not" but evidently if you cook with nothing in it, it will overheat.

Molly
BriarRose74
Moon Twp, PA
(Zone 6a)

June 16, 2005
1:14 AM

Post #1550648

Molly,
If you run the microwave, you are supposed to have a cup of water in it so that it doesn't mess it up. With all those microwaves bouncing around in there, you are probably right and they overheated the machine. I am SO glad it is working fine now! Congrats! ~ Suzi :)
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2005
2:06 AM

Post #1550783

Thank you Suzi, me too :^))))

Molly
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2005
3:25 AM

Post #1551096

Lots of times it is a fuse too. I was going to suggest that.
I need to keep a file of receits and warranties. That 10 year warranty on a water hose isn't worth a dime without the sales slip.
Glad its working Molly.
sidney

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America