Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Microwave Problem

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Okay, I thought I set the timer on the microwave for something I put in the regular oven. It wasn't the timer though, it was the cook button. It ran for 30 minutes before I discovered my error. So I stopped it and clicked on timer and the balance 30 minutes.

When I go to put the frozen snap peas in the microwave to cook, the light goes on, the plate goes round and round, the time works, but no cooking.

I unplugged it, hopefully to reset to "default" and tried again. Still not cooking. This microwave is less than a year old.

Did I break it? or is there a reset button somewhere?

Please help.

Molly
:^)))

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sorry, I don't know. But if it's broken, is it still under warranty, being less than a year old?

Hi Darius,

I will assume that it probably is under manufacturers warranty. I am sure I have the owners manual in my file, but not sure if I have the reciept. Bought it at Lowes last September, Labor Day.

Molly

N. Mississippi, MS(Zone 8a)

Have you kicked it? I find that works a lot of the times. ;-)

I know nothing about microwaves, wish I could help. My guess is that you cooked it. lol

OOPS! I forgot to come back here. I left the thing unplugged overnight. Came home next day to heat a cup of water and it worked. It must have overheated.

Well, I know to be more careful about the timer now. My son tells me "Mom, that microwave doesn't know if there is food in there or not" but evidently if you cook with nothing in it, it will overheat.

Molly

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Molly,
If you run the microwave, you are supposed to have a cup of water in it so that it doesn't mess it up. With all those microwaves bouncing around in there, you are probably right and they overheated the machine. I am SO glad it is working fine now! Congrats! ~ Suzi :)

Thank you Suzi, me too :^))))

Molly

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Lots of times it is a fuse too. I was going to suggest that.
I need to keep a file of receits and warranties. That 10 year warranty on a water hose isn't worth a dime without the sales slip.
Glad its working Molly.
sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.