Welcome Home!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I was on vacation last week and my 19 year old daughter who recently moved into an apartment house sat and watered my flowers for me. She was so proud that nothing died while under her watch. :-) There were a few blooms before I left but everything was just beautiful to come home to.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Another.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Coneflowers.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

So pretty in orange.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

My first cala lily bloom.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

My jungle.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Double Kwanso from Moby.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2005 11:04 AM

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I love these.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Isn't this blue and orange pretty together?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yarrow, dianthus and salvia.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

So sweet.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I've never been too fond of yellow until this year.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Sort of the big picture. :-)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Last one for now. Not the best picture of my "garden room" but it will do for today.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! So lush, and full! Great job!!

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Trunnels,

I love your garden. I wish mine was as neat. Is that Stella d'Oro? I noticed a Brugmansia in your garden room. Have you tried to grow any in the ground yet? I'm trying to decide whether to lug mine into the greenhouse or put it in the ground and mulch. It would have to compete with Burmuda, though.

Granbury, TX(Zone 7b)

What a joy to come home to your garden! Beautiful from every angle!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Maggie, it's only lush cause I like paying a high water bill every month. lol
Betty, that isn't Stella d'Oro, although I do have some of those in a different bed. This one is bigger, about five inches across.
Thanks so much, Sugarfoot!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I forgot to answer about the Brug, Betty. I did grow them in the ground last year and they were HUGE. Hoped they would come back this year but they did not.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

Absolutely Beautiful. It is so awesome to come home to blooms that appear without effort, and guidance. Mother Nature is a wonderful thing.

I was also gone last week, and came home to a whole new world blooming. Hubby managed just fine without me.

I was given a Kwanza lily from a swap, and I have no idea what it will do. When seeing yours I am praying that is what I might have! It has been in the ground for about 3 weeks, so I watch for something every week! =)

melanie

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Mel. You are much better with words than me! :-)
And I hope you love your Kwanso as much as I do. I have some more that are not doubles and they are beautiful to me, too. I know there are some who do not care for them because they are so common but I will take them anyday. And good for hubby that he took care of things for you!

This message was edited Jun 15, 2005 11:04 AM

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It looks great! So lush and green and colorful.

Tyler, TX

What a beautiful garden. It looks so peaceful!

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, Trunnels!! PLEASE tell me that you're on a yearly garden tour?? We just concluded ours (TCWC) and man, if you were closer, I'd have already roped you into the 2006 grouping!!

=) Lovely, lovely,
MKJ

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

MKJ, No garden tour but, like everybody on Dave's, I love my garden and love to share it with others. :-) Have you started a thread with pictures from your garden tour?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Really great looking yard, trunnels!
We water a lot and hope the well holds up.
trois

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Shoot, Trois, you can just pump from that big ole pond if you have to.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

But it's 700 feet away. I could indeed pump from the Bayou. Our neighbor pumps all the way past us to water his pasture. It is a lot of pipe though

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Nope, trunnels.......just like with my kids, I've learned that if I really want to SEE something, I have to leave the camera behind! Otherwise, [click], [click], [click] and I wonder, "So, what happened anyway?"

I saw so many lovely things though, and like one man on the tour said, upon seeing an entire backyard wall COVERED in wisteria, "Now, THAT's how you grow wisteria!!" =)

(Zone 8b)

Super yard Terry, you have been working hard on that!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I know what you mean by always having a camera attached to the front of your face. :-)
Wow, I bet that wall of wisteria smelled glorious!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.