Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Perennials: When to transplant Foxglove ?

Communities > Forums > Perennials
bookmark
Forum: PerennialsReplies: 2, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2005
1:32 PM

Post #1549115

When is the best time to transplant foxgloves?

I have them coming up where I really don't want them...like in the very front .What are my chances of trying to move them now ? (it is cold and rainy today )
Does anyone know if they even like transplanting ? any help is appreciated.
Thank You.
Pixydish
Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2005
4:04 PM

Post #1549516

You are in luck because you can transplant foxgloves ( I assume you mean Digitalis purpurea, the common foxglove) almost any time except when they are in full bloom. Even then, if careful, they'll transplant. Cold and rainy is perfect transplanting weather for the plants, if not for you! Foxgloves grow wild here and they come up in the most unlikely places. I transplant them every year to wherever I want them to go. If they are in active growth, just get plenty of soil with the roots and water them well and they'll be fine.
Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2005
4:31 PM

Post #1549624

Pixiedish ..Thanks...I will try some this afternoon,I thought they might be OK but wanted to know everyones opinions and YOU are the one that has done :-)))
THANK YOU !
I transpanted a 2foot high white bleedingheart just about 3 weeks ago,also on a cold rainy day and it is doing great .

It hardly went into shock and then it was on the 3rd day because it was warmer.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America