Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Blue Moon Chirita

Arenzville, IL(Zone 6a)

What am I doing wrong. I bought a leaf and clipped stem put it i violet potting soil lke I do my other violet leaves, but this leaf seems to be withering What am I doing wrong?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Are you doing something to keep a little humidity around the cutting? I put my AV leaves in a terrarium type enclosure, or inside a plastic bag with a stick or something to keep the plastic from touching the actual leaf, so maybe the chirita would benefit from same?

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

I have the worst time with Chirita leaves. The only way I have successfully rooted them is either in 100% perlite or equal parts of perlite and vermiculite.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ah! I'll have to keep that in mind. I do cut my potting soil about 50/50 with perlite when I root AV leaves, also when I'm using a self watering pot.

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

my regular rooting mix is equal parts perlite, peat and vermiculite. Apparently this is not light enough.....

On the other hand, most people report good results with out-of-the-bag AV soil. go figure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.