Sago palm

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Heres my picture of my sago palm. I forgot the height and size of the gallon container it came with. Would yall know the container size to this sago? I planted in the ground 1 month ago.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

wild guess 5-7gal. Where are the yellow leaves? I think that sago looks great!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Its on my other Sago the yellow leaves duh!! I have 2 sago. This is not the bad one youre seeing!!

Longview, TX

If any sago palm tree lovers are in the Rio Grand Valley, Brownsville, Texas to be exact, the only sago palm tree forest left on the North American continent, is located there.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

here I have been running my mouth about sagos, and today, upon inspection, I discovered yellow leaves. In my case, I suspect not enough water. Also, this particular one happens to be a male sago, and the "protuberance" that tells me it's a male has sort of fallen off. I don't remember that happening before. comments, anyone?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

hey vossner, Did you say my sago looks like a male sago?

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

no, I was talking about mine. I think the only way to tell male from female is when, at this time of year, it develops this phallus (male) or something the looks and size of a melon (female). I will try to post a pix of mine to better illustrate what I'm talking about.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.