San Antonio Interior lanscaping Plant and container Sale

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

These people are having a plant and container sale. I've never been there so I can't say what they have or what prices, but it's worth a trip for me.

They install plants in office lobbies and malls and stuff.

Initial Tropical Plants
4945 North Stahl Park
San Antonio, TX, 78217-1100

9am to 2pm

jorge

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the information, Jorge. Is the sale on Saturday?

yes.

Dave and I went and we scored big. But they were going quick. Palms, mother in laws tongue, ponytail plants, cheffleras, fishtail palm. It was great.

Oh, all for $5 each.

It's only till 1 pm though.

jorge

I got a musa in a 15 gallon pot for $5. I could just faint for my good fortune.

Also, a phoenix in 5 gallons about 6' tall for $5.

Lastly, a 15' tall (that's not a typo) in a 25 gallon palm for $20. This is an $800 specimen. I'm so glad I went to this one!!

dave

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! What bargains!! Do they have these sales on a regular basis? How did you hear about it jorge?

You know, on a whim, I decided to google interior tropical landscapers. Looking for the people who install in malls and office lobbies, and I found them and asked if they ever have sales.

Turns out they were about to have one in a week.

Apparently they are moving to a different property and they needed to get rid of some plants.

Here's my loot.

Thumbnail by dave

Here's Trish, standing under the big guy. It shows just how tall he is!! I had fun driving down thousand oaks with that in the back of my pickup. :)

ID thread here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/523829/

dave

Thumbnail by dave
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, my word! I bet you wish you'd taken a bigger truck! lol

Jorge, serendipity!

I was gonna say that word. Thanks.

I agree.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Man, oh, man. I didn't go because I'm short on money until the 1st of the month and thought I probably couldn't afford anything. The prices were almost like they were giving them way. I am happy you guys were able to find these super deals. You are probably still smiling. :o)

Now we need to get IDs for these guys.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images