2005 Mid-Atlantic Round Up

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Here's the photo story folks.

First I'd like to post one of my favorites.

A.J. fishing Sunday mornin.

Thumbnail by tcfromky
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the link, that looks so calm and serene - "Where was he fishing" LOL! Thanks for beginning the RU photo album, I'll get to mine soon as possible, but sure many have great shots!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I took a few pictures on Sunday, just got done cropping etc.

Here's our lovely hostess and our surprise guest! (Candee & Tish, aka Haighr & BloomsWithAView)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

a cute one of Shirley cracking up...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

an adorable pic of Kimberly (aka GardenWife) & Howie...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Steve was explaining something about his pear tree...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

TC had to get "just one more picture" as he was heading out, since he spotted Candee & Tish on the ATV.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Tish and Kimberly and I headed down to the creek one more time on Sunday with Candee & Steve....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hmm, maybe I have to add text for a picture to load...

Here's Kimberly taking chances with her camera to get a good picture!

This message was edited Jun 27, 2005 5:33 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Kimberly & I had fun collecting rocks...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

... you can tell by the grins we're wearing!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The creek was just beautiful!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's a shot looking upstream from the swimming hole...

I wish I'd had my camera the day before when everyone was horsing around in the water!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

What was the name of this flower that several people dug to bring home?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's the moss that came home with me. (sorry, TC, I think I had a couple of pieces that were supposed to have been yours)

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

That's quite alright Jill, I think I brought enough plants home with me. ;~) Great photos!
Here's another one of my favorites. What do you think?

Thumbnail by tcfromky
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think I had a blast hiking down & back to the creek with you! I'm glad somebody else understood the concept of ambling along the trail on a hot day!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I wanted to able right along with you but had to keep moving or Isabelle just "knew" shed get covered in ants. It was a great hike tho thats for sure. More pics, I fogot my camera this year.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

This was just a stone's throw from T.C.'s tent....all the convenience of home:-)

Thumbnail by bluekat76
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

oh, geez. TC & AJ were just too cute for words!

Here's a picture of a shrub that I learned (from Shirley, thanks!) I've been mispronouncing for years.... It's not cot'-ton-eester, it's cot-oh'-nee-ass-ter. Who knew?? Actually, probably everyone knew this except me! :-)

Edited to say I just learned from PF that I've been misspelling it, too.... there's only 1 t!

Hmmm. I was going to add this picture to PlantFiles, but I had no idea there were so many kinds of cotoneaster.... maybe one of you knows which one this was?

This message was edited Jun 27, 2005 11:19 PM

This message was edited Jun 27, 2005 11:22 PM

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Here is most everyone scoping out plants for the swap.
L to R: Esther_z6, Kimberly (Gardenwife), Bob (Esther's DH) Isabella (Dravencat's daughter), John (bluekat76 BF), TC (tcfromky), Jill (Critterologist), Janet (Dravencat) and Heather (mysticwill)

You can just see Shirley's leg to the left of Kimberly. The poor plants were wilting in the heat just like the humans!

-Kim

Thumbnail by bluekat76
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Fabulous photo array so far and sure it will only get better and better. Janet I bet her feet were moving a mile a minute once she spotted the ants.
TC, I never made it down to visit your John, perhaps I should have considering my circumstances LOL!
Can't wait to see more pics.
Are you sure Steve wasn't pointing out one of those, what did Tish call them? Pendiculated woodpeckers???
Gotta get to work for now!
BTW, Kim posted on the RU forum that she reviewed her photos all the way home both on camera and laptop, and now that they are arrived safely, she can't find the media card anywhere! Sure she will get a surprise and find it soon where she least expects!

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

How many men does it take to set up a canopy???

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

Apparently one LESS!!! LOL!!! TC!

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

Jill the tall plant was penstemon - beard tounge.

Here's ashot of the pond from our direction- we appently camped next to the bull frogs family reunion.....

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

How many men does it take to fix one little car???

Brian (in the green shirt), my DH, brought his RC car -- and it decided to get an up close and personal look at the bottom of the pond......DOH!

It was ok after it dries out- thank gooness!

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL! The image of that poor little car flipping back end over teacup and heading unstoppably for the pond.... that's a picture that will stay with me for a while. I'm glad its electronics recovered from the dunking!

That's a lovely picture of the pond, Heather.... those reflections are something else. What a beautiful place! The "frog chorus" was remarkable in the evening, and so were the zillions of fireflies sparkling in the trees!

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

I thought they looked like little twinkling Christmas lights so pretty!

Crossville, TN

WOw...looks like ya'll had a great time...but aren't all the DG RU's great...I just got back from the S.Ca RU...I enjoyed your pictures a lot...

No wonder Blooms wasn't at the CA RU! LOL Jo

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi..I missed most of you but I have a few photos to add from Friday night (That is when all the REAL fun happened :)

Here's Mystic and her husband chillin in front of the fire

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

My daughter and husband fishing, DH is taking a fish off the line for the kidlet. To the far right you can see the gatekeeper and official welcomer. (Kidlet stole her hat though) (just for fishing)

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

A closeup of the squirt with one of her catch. *(She was so psyched!)

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Esther

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

TC socializing

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

The other half of our Hosts with the most. (didn't get a pic of Candy :(

Steve..hope your ankle is all better!

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

And last but not least.. Bob.. not a DGer but very nice guy :)

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Torrance, CA(Zone 10a)

**sniffle**

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Actually, I never even took my card out of the camera on the way home - just viewed all the pictures on its monitor. All I can figure is, I must have taken the card out of the camera once I was home, intending to put it in my laptop and dump the pictures...Only it never got into the laptop.

I'll post the ones I do have, which is basically everything up to the point where we went to the creek. The missing ones I really regret losing are those of our friends in Frederick. I had pictures of everyone else at Candee's, but those three shots were unique. :(

I'll post mine a little later today.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great shots everyone, Steve's ankle is still swollen despite the benedryl, ice, cool water, etc. Just time will take it down and staying off it as much as possible.
So glad everyone got so many photos, as I certainly laxed a bit where the camera was concerned, but will post what I have soon. Jazz, she looks like she really found her environment!
LOL of the car, it was fun to watch run around and glad it is working again, I charged the boat battery and never put it in, perhaps next time.

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

Candee! What was that flower you had tagged as Blue Dragon? I took one and it looks similar to something in my garden- but of course I have forgotten the name of that as well....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images