Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

It first showed up 3 years ago and I didn't notice it till it started to bloom. It has a color and growth habit much like lambs ears but not so soft and fuzzy. It reseeds all over the yard now and is blooming in both sun and shade. It does not seem to have a scent.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

It looks like lychnis coronaria to me .....it can be weedy and once a year I contemplate pulling it out , until my eyes view those brilliant little blooms .

I'll second that Chooch, its comon name here is dusty miller

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

We have dusty miller, but not with pretty blossoms like that. Consider yourself lucky, ZM.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Rose Campion they call it around here.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Chooch is 100% spot on but I have never seen that color. Keep it Zany.

Mark

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

and save the seeds!!!!!

Brasstown, NC

It is called Rose Campion.

Santa Barbara, CA

Could be Lychnis flos-jovis (Flowers of Jove) originally from the European Alps, and low growing silver-grey foliage and pink to purple flower; or its larger cousin L. coronaria, Rose Campion, which is lighter grey and has larger single flowers in white or magenta.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, I grew it as rose campion years ago, saving seeds would be an excellent idea. Hint, hint

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Looks like I might need to try to gather some seed...I have just been letting it reseed itself all over and pulling up what I don't want! I will see what I can do for collection!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

could be wrong, but I think maltese cross has the red blossoms and rose campion has fushia. I have plenty of rose campion seeds, if interested.

tig;
I would be interested in some 'Rose Champion' if willing to send for SASE? E-Mailed you directly.
Thanks

Ladysmith, BC(Zone 8a)

I would love some seeds too.

Jayess, MS(Zone 8a)

It looks like lambs ear. I would love some seeds to, what are you looking for? heathw@telapex.com

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.