Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Passifloras: Am I blue?

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 6, Views: 104
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 2, 2005
4:23 PM

Post #1593732

I got this passi at the Florala swap last year. The tag on it said "Blue I think". I'm not familier with passifloras and was wondering if it has a "proper" name or just blue. In any case it sure is pretty.

Thumbnail by Ginger_H
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 2, 2005
4:40 PM

Post #1593770

Ginger, it looks like it could be P. Caerulea. I'm doing this from old memory, so I could easily be wrong. I haven't seen this one for a couple of years. Mine is getting ready to bloom, so when it does, I'll try to get a picture.
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 2, 2005
5:01 PM

Post #1593814

Thanks,Brugie. Just went out to check the tag,but no name as to who gave it to me. When I was in 8th grade my parents took us to Bermuda. We went to visit a perfume factory...it smells just like the passion flower perfume that my sister bought there. She died in '99 so it's really nice to smell of it and think of her. :-))
zostropz
San Diego, CA

July 2, 2005
5:04 PM

Post #1593823

Wow, it is a very nice, clean Caerulea. Nice flower.
Mark
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 2, 2005
6:04 PM

Post #1593948

Thank you,Mark. It never did bloom last year and I was surprised that it stayed green all winter. I have it planted on the fence of my dog run.
rylaff
Niceville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2005
6:08 PM

Post #1593953

looks like my caerulea.
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

August 16, 2008
6:19 PM

Post #5422994

This baby is a trooper! Not too many blooms this year...BUT...last summer our lab mix puppy stuck her head through the fence and chewed the main trunk (?) slap in half. I was so upset..just knew it was a gonner, however it has come back in spite of Onyx's best efforts to kill it. Hopefully next year it will be back to blooming a lot again...at this point I'm just happy it survived! :-)))

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM
passiflora dmichael619 25 May 22, 2007 7:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America