Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Florida Gardening: Florida Gardening Magazine - does anyone here subscribe?

Communities > Forums > Florida Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Florida GardeningReplies: 58, Views: 607
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2005
11:55 PM

Post #1594431

I recently received an advertisment for Florida Gardening Magazine. Does anyone here subscribe? If so, your comments on the value and usefulness of the magazine would be appreciated.

I'm not sure why I would even consider subscribing to a magazine when the ones I already receive get tossed into a pile, not for some rainy day, more likely for some SNOWY day, when I might finally find a moment to sit down and read them. But it Florida Gardening contains some good region specific information, I might want to sign up.

Jeremy
budgielover
Pinellas Park, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2005
12:03 AM

Post #1594447

Nope
ricfl
Saint Petersburg, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2005
12:26 AM

Post #1594492

I get Florida Gardening magazine and enjoy it very much. It has great articles very specific to Florida gardeners. And every month, there is a huge list of upcoming Florida garden sales and events.

Ric
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
12:51 AM

Post #1594542

Ric,

Please correct me if I have this mag confused with another.

The one I saw at the Home Depot/Lowe's was very thin, had more advertising than articles. When I received a solicitation from them to subscribe, I wrote and asked for them to send me a sample issue and they never responded. I wanted to see if it was the same thin magazine, because of the price.

So, am I mistaken? Is it a different mag?

Can't understand if they really wanted to sell it, why not send a sample issue. I really do like to know what I am buying.

Molly
:^)))
ConnieMounts
Indiantown, FL

July 3, 2005
1:37 AM

Post #1594617

I have recieved it in the past. It is a small magazine.
It is good for someone that knows little about gardening. It struck me as a magazine put out by people that where from up north but recently moved here. I liked reading it but I didn't get much out of it, more info than pactical knowledge.
I haven't recieved it for about a year now, but that is my opinion of it.

Connie
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
1:53 AM

Post #1594640

I was just looking through some papers on my cabinet for something and found the subscription form I was holding waiting for a response from them.

Upon reading it again, I remember why I hesitated. 6 issues for $20.00. Pretty steep IMO.

Molly
:^)))

If someone thinks it's worth it, I may consider, but I want to hear more from other members here since the company hasn't responded to my request.
ricfl
Saint Petersburg, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2005
3:27 AM

Post #1594820

Molly,
I think we are talking about he same mag, its a bit thin and its not cheap. I'm surprised that they wouldn't sent you a free copy or two. I find the listing of FL plant events very helpful.
If you would like to see a back issue,let me know and I will send you one.
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
3:44 AM

Post #1594863

Molly, the one for which I received the ad sounds like the same one you were considering, $20 for 6 issues. Under the main title, "Florida Gardening," they have a subtitle, "Florida's Own Home Gardening Magazine." Other info in the leaflet says the magazine was started in 1995 and the publication comes out of Malabar, FL.

Knowing about local gardening events might be enough to make me subscribe also, Ric.

Jeremy
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
3:45 AM

Post #1594865

Ric,

I just sent you a private dmail

Molly
Cearbhaill
Russell, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 3, 2005
10:59 AM

Post #1595098

I have every issue they have ever printed. I got the first four as a "signing bonus" for subscribing at a plant show many years ago and have kept them coming ever since.

It is true that is it a slim magazine, but the information is 100% pertinent and as others have mentioned the calendars of events are very nice to have. I have come upon many plant shows advertised no where else and these are the places you find those special plants!

The feature articles on small out of the way attractions always give me ideas for cool day trips or thoughts on design. The fruit articles always offer "old time Florida" recipes for compotes and things I never even heard of.
The ads can be useful as well sometimes.

Could it be better/bigger/thicker? Sure.
But it is the only Florida specific magazine I am aware of and I think supporting them is a good investment.

Here's the website-
http://www.floridagardening.com/
I have always found the editors Kathy and Wae to be helpful and responsive- maybe try contacting them again?
Or better yet just subscribe- IMO $20 a year (cheaper in multiple years) seems reasonable to help keep this magazine alive and growing.
Dogzilla
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
5:59 PM

Post #1595867

As a former magazine editor... I'm chiming in just to say that I think the magazine is poorly written and poorly edited. The quality of the writing and layout are amateurish at best. This is just my opinion! (Awaiting flames any second now.) I have occasionally spotted useful information here and there. Often, the photo quality is terrible. I can't imagine what printer they're using.

My biggest complaint about it is that it should be called "SOUTH Florida Gardening magazine" because very little North Florida information is included. A lot of the plants they feature are difficult, if not impossible, to grow up here. I've considered submitting content for publication because they seem to WANT to cover North Florida, but have no contacts or resources (in terms of N. FL writers who are knowledgeable about gardening here) available to them. I believe I checked on their writer's guidelines and they don't pay much. I'm sure if I get around to submitting articles and they start running my stuff, my opinion about the quality of writing would change significantly. ;>)

At the same time, I echo the sentiment that, "at least it's something" and something is better than nothing. I really should contribute and try to encourage other writers I know in this part of the state to contribute as well.

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 3, 2005
8:19 PM

Post #1596223

Jeremy...is this your calling or what???? Go fo it...It's perfect for you...

Hap
juja
Lake City, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
10:32 PM

Post #1596561

Jeremy - I have been subscribing to this magazine for years. Sure it is thin and maybe alot of the articles do pertain to central and southern Florida, but I grow things that others don't around my zone and do like the advertising (trips to nurseries in seach of special plants) and luv the listing of events (can't find a better source). Occasionally they do have informative articles for northern gardeners. I also "collect" various gardening magazines to look at during the "colder" months of the year - but never seem to find time to read them. Guess those containers full of gardening magazines will be useful someday/time. ;-)
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2005
11:20 PM

Post #1596687

Well, I love a lively debate, and we seem to have one going here, filled with cogent arguments without libelous claims nor nasty name-calling. It makes my democratically emblazoned soul happy for this upcoming 4th and the freedom of speech we all cherish!

Keep your comments coming. Thus far, I seem to be leaning toward giving the magazine a try. And then, after I also become an official subscriber, Dogzilla and I can bombard them with articles and photos of plants in our northwestern Florida and northeastern Florida gardens to balance out the magazine's perspective on Florida Gardening (even though I often feel more like I'm living in southern Georgia than in Florida --- both in terms of the weather and the political and social "atmosphere" of Jacksonville). [And now I'll get flames from the Georgians, lurking heretofore silently..."Whaddaya mean by that snide remark??!! but no malice is intended] : )

Jeremy.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2005
1:41 AM

Post #1596975

i've been a subscriber for about 6 years. some of the stuff in it is kind of corny, i will admit, but i have enjoyed it and learned alot. they have 2 different write-in columns and they always feature a special plant or 2. they also show a map of the state with what to do each month for all sections of florida and they usually feature someones garden. i think as long as i live in florida i will always get it

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2005
8:27 AM

Post #1597495

Maybe we can put our RU in it...the one scheduled for next 11/12 in S. Florida...everyone is welcome...http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524909/

Hap
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2005
3:55 PM

Post #1598094

We also have a RoundUp for North Florida (and I'm sure all DGers from other locales that may want to come and swap some plants are welcome). The exact date is not yet determined, but is to occur some weekend in October in Lake City, Florida. Check the "Round Up" Forum if interested, and open the thread for "North Central Florida Round Up." I'm planning to load up my old $280 Chevy van with its 12' cargo space and be there with all things green of which I have extras.

Jeremy
Delisa
Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2005
12:42 PM

Post #1600017

I used to buy a lot of magazines, but now only buy Florida Gardening Magazine. It is the only magazine that I know of that is specific to Florida. There are often plants featured that I am interested in learning. I love the listing of events. I dont think this magazine has a large enough client list to spend a lot of money on the printing. I feel fortunate just to be able to get one for FL gardeners. I have bought lots of splashy magazines with great photos but often they are photos of things I cant even grow. Fl gardening Magazine is the only magazine that I have saved every copy that I have recieved.
gone2seed
Milton, FL
(Zone 8a)

July 8, 2005
12:56 AM

Post #1606673

I subscribe and look forward to each issue.It may be that some of the writing lacks a certain style but I read the articles for information.
I prefer that a writer know his or her subject well.It's a little pricey but I believe it's worth the money.
tropicalbamboo
Loxahatchee, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 13, 2005
12:43 AM

Post #1619655

Regarding a sample issue of the magazine, I think a phone call or email might be enough to secure one. I'm not a subscriber but was featured in the April issue. I called their office for a copy and they sent me 20! Their phone number is: (321) 951-4500.
Robert

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2005
1:49 AM

Post #1619773

Wow, what an honor...any pics that you can share with us?

Hap
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2005
1:50 AM

Post #1619775

Well, I'm swayed by your mostly positive comments to part with the next spare $20 I have available and take a one-year subscription. Thanks for all your input!

Congratulations, TBamboo, on being featured in the magazine. I hope I can subscribe in time to see the article.

Jeremy
ATHagan
Gainesville, FL

July 13, 2005
7:16 PM

Post #1621439

As poor as it is they're the only Florida specific magazine out there for gardening that I'm aware of. I don't subscribe, but I do buy an occasional copy if it has something I'm interested in. Unfortunately since I live in the Gainesville area that doesn't happen very often given that most of the state population is in the other end of the state.

...Alan.

tropicalbamboo
Loxahatchee, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 14, 2005
2:38 AM

Post #1622441

OK, I scanned the cover of the April/May issue - hopefully I don't get sued for copyright infringement...

Thumbnail by tropicalbamboo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tropicalbamboo
Loxahatchee, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 14, 2005
2:42 AM

Post #1622455

Here's the first page of the article...
Robert

Thumbnail by tropicalbamboo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LaLambchop
Chapin, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 14, 2005
2:47 AM

Post #1622463

Florida Gardening Magazine is the subject of a short article in the current issue of "The Florida Gardener", (the 'official publication of the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs'). The article strongly recommends that all garden clubbers get a subscription. Of course, Federation folks are contributors. ;)

I just ordered a year to see what it's like.

Chops
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7498337

I know this is an old thread, but there is wonderful and helpful information going on here - let's keep it going!

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2010
3:33 PM

Post #7498522

Is it still being printed?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #7498629

Yes the magazine is still being printed.
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 26, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #7498808

I subscribe and enjoy it.
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7498953

I have to admit, after starting the thread and getting all the recommendations, I never did subscribe! I just don't seem to find time to ever look at a magazine. I recently started getting magazines arriving monthly that I don't recall subscribing to and am not sure why they are coming my way. It is probably as a result of using the VistaPrint site - which is a great place to get FREE and low cost business cards, signage, posters, banners, car magnets, etc. - send me a Dmail if interested), because VistaPrint also offers free magazine subscriptions on certain orders. I'm getting Cosmo, Popular Mechanics and Southern Living (the last one I think I did subscribe to at a senior rate of about $10 per year). They arrive, I glance through them briefly and then into one of the stacks of clutter they go. I need to call the magazines to make sure that I'm not somehow committed to renewing automatically. I'm going to see if I can transfer the Cosmo subscription to someone else as I don't find much of any interest there. I've already had my beauty makeover -- it's called aging and it's free. LOL

Jeremy

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7499631

Jeremy,

If you have no use for additional papers, there probably is a charity near you that would love them. I take all mine to a Senior Center that has a day care program. I have no idea what they do with them, but the last boat load they almost kissed me. Have a hard time throwing out anything printed. They also take my paperbacks, if not to read, they sell as a fund raising type of thingy for arts and craft supplies. To me it's a win-win.

Hap
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2010
8:45 PM

Post #7502820

Thanks, Hap! That's a great idea. There is a senior assisted living high rise apartment complex in downtown Jacksonville not far from me, so I will drop in to see if they will take my leftover magazines and any extra books we have. Christina was an avid reader before she started studying every available moment for her current career training school. She has lots of books that she may want to pass along. She, however, enjoys reading the same books over and over and watching the same movies until she just about has the text and dialogue memorized. To her, it is like revisiting an old friend. Usually for me, unless it is a reference book or a film I particularly enjoyed and felt was complex enough to deserve a second viewing, its a one time quick scan and I never pick up the book again or watch a movie twice.

Jeremy

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 27, 2010
9:24 PM

Post #7502955

LOVE, Christina!

But I re-read for another reason. Every day is a new day for me. (Get my drift?) I get most of my books from the Salvation Army, like today, but forget what books that have been read. So, they are bought again. Coming home and finding a duplicate book makes my crazy. (Or crazier is the more appropriate term.) Recently on a flight some where north I settled down in my seat with a book and about 1/4 of the way through, yes it took that long, it started to sound slightly familiar. Yup, it's a re-read. But, every day being a new day, the end of the story was not remembered, so contentment reigned.

Ah, such is life.

Hap
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2010
9:46 PM

Post #7503052

Hap, you need to do what I do - keep a running list of books and magazines on your person. I buy from yard sales and thrift stores, too, so must know what I already have to avoid duplicates.

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 27, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #7503075

That sounds good, but I can't carry a file cabinet with me. LOL
Rene10
Wauchula, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 27, 2010
10:59 PM

Post #7503247

I just go to the local Library then I don't have to find a place to put them just return them! I don't have room for a library.
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 30, 2010
12:03 AM

Post #7510167

Nance, I did the same thing when I flew up to PA for a job in November. Bought 2 new books for the plane reading. The first was new, but when I went on to the second one, I thought it was so familiar. I did have it here at home.

Still reading it, familiar, but still can't remember how it ended, so new book. Or maybe I never finished it since it was not "riveting".

Jeremy, I too used to re-read all my fav's. It was like visiting old friends, as you say.

Molly

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 30, 2010
11:59 AM

Post #7511388

It's so great not to be alone!!!
dsa2591
North Port, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 6, 2010
9:56 PM

Post #7536321

I don't subscribe, but I do buy it if it has something in it I want to read. What I love about it is that it DOES have more South Florida Gardening info. If you want info on what grows in North Florida, read Southern Living. South Florida is a whole different world from North Florida, or any other state in the union, and I'm glad there is a magazine that thinks about us.

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 6, 2010
10:22 PM

Post #7536417

I'll have to look again for it. Thanks.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 7, 2010
5:13 AM

Post #7537497

This months issue has an article about Kanapaha Botanical Gardens and a friendly reminder that the 20th annual Spring Garden Festival which is held there will be coming up March 20 and 21st. Hope some of you plan to attend.
KatG
Port Charlotte, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 7, 2010
6:00 AM

Post #7537574

I really like that magazine! I was at a plant sale a few months ago and some lady had back issues for sale for $1 a piece. I bought a bunch and still haven't gotten to them. The back issues don't do much for the current events around the State, but they do have some good articles!

Kat
TropicalGardener
West Palm Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 7, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #7538601

Hi there to all you fellow gardeners in the Sunshine State!

The Florida Gardening magazine is a must have subscription for anyone serious about gardening here - no matter what zone you're in. The various interesting articles offer useful information for anyone growing or maintaining a tropical, subtropical or temperate zone garden. Additionally the publishers, who are Florida gardeners themselves, include regular features in the magazine: "Letters" - Subscriber Inquiries answered by the Editors, "Growing Better All The Time" - a valuable Q&A column in every issue that covers a variety of issues posed by readers, and answered by Agents of UF Cooperative Extension Service from 6 regions around the state, "Calendar of Events" - an upcoming chronicle of notable horticultural events, which includes location and contact information for each listing, Feature Articles written by respected Landscape Experts or Gardening Authors with color photographs, "Garden Almanac" with insightful and useful information from different Extention Agents in North, Central, and South Florida, and more. The timely articles about specific plant species, or unique garden sites is always interesting and poignant to read.

Long ago I met Wae and Kathy Nelson at a Plant Sale in The Mounts Botanical Garden, West Palm Beach, and was impressed with their down-to-earth, easy-going personalities. I've subscribed for so many years that I have forgotten how long ago I started reading Florida Gardening, and I keep every issue on my bookcase for future reference. Until I found their magazine, I was always frustrated reading other publications about plants and gardens in far away places that didn't relate to my experience in South Florida.

Oops, I probably shouldn't forget to mention that after turning my gardening hobby into a new career, the subscription cost is a worthwhile deductible business expense. That's a good thing too!

Well, there's my contribution to this string and I hope it answers any question those considering investing in Florida Gardening. I would suggest all of us who are toiling in the soil down here really should help to keep this publication going; I know it sure keeps me out there gardening.
jazmom
(Maura) Gainesville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2010
1:11 AM

Post #7539949

agree w/you totally, Tropical Gardener...FG is a wonderful publication! current issue features an article on Kanapaha Botanical Gardens ( located right here in G'ville) written by Mary Glazer.
maura
angel_tree_baby
Chickenville, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2010
1:47 AM

Post #7540073

I have bought a few issues. One was a good one about growing bananas. I don't usually subscribe to very many magazines because I am such a fast reader that I could finish the whole thing in about 15-20 min including the ads which are too many these days lol.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2010
1:30 PM

Post #7547323

i finally, after all these years, let my subscription lapse. i've found that since dg and the internet, i really don't use the magazines for any kind of reference...so there they all sit now! i donated the vast majority of my gardening books (99% hardcover and $$$) to our local library last year. i only saved a few of my favorite, must have books. life is easier and cleaner now! lol

JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2010
11:50 PM

Post #7549083

I'm with you tracks! Every time I'm on the verge of buying a gardening book on Amazon or elsewhere, I first check the local library on-line catalog and find that I can borrow the book for free and keep it for a few weeks (about as long as my attention span can last for any research). LOL

Jeremy

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2010
11:59 PM

Post #7549106

i should mention that i would not, could not, will not live in florida or any other southern state without my Southern Living Garden Book. although to a plant obsessed fanatic (as more than a few of us are here), this statement may sound strange but i've almost come to the conclusion that if i can't find the plant in this book, i probably don't need it! lol

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2010
12:00 AM

Post #7549111

Looking at the yard right now, there are a lot of things not needed anymore. Yes?

And more fun is yet to come. But at least we are not in the Mid-Atlantic states. Just saw some of the news and it's a nightmare.

Hap
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 11, 2010
12:05 AM

Post #7549126

I rely on the Zip Code reports in Plant Files in the same way. If I don't see any Zip Code reports from Florida from people that have had success with a certain plant, I usually decide to pass on buying the plant. My attitude once was that I would prove all the theories incorrect and grow things that are totally unsuited to the Florida climate, but I very rarely succeeded in that egotistical iconoclasm. LOL The only problem with the Plant Files Zip Code reports is that not everyone thinks about going to the pages and clicking on the link that says "have you had success with this plant." So, some of the Zip Code reports can be spotty or not quite complete.

Jeremy

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2010
1:05 AM

Post #7549284

or someone in minnesota grows it indoors but puts a zip code report in without bothering to comment and clarify! i used minnesota as an example...please no dmails! lol i also don't like when someone posts a bunch of great pictures but then doesn't comment. i love feedback!!!

we're really in for it tonight again...31 here and then cold rain all day friday...good grief.

DavidofDeLand

DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL
(Zone 9b)

April 11, 2013
4:27 PM

Post #9480548

I would have.

I was included in an issue in an article using two of my photos along with other gardeners pictures whose input was included and named. I of course wondered why my name along with my photos were not...?

It is still in my mind,... a valuable and well done magazine that is worth paying attention to.

David

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 6:30 PM

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 6:33 PM
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 11, 2013
4:49 PM

Post #9480565

how on earth did you find this old thread.

DavidofDeLand

DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL
(Zone 9b)

April 11, 2013
4:56 PM

Post #9480579

It was in that bottom box thing here on DG under everything. "Other things you might be interested in." ...Or something along that line,... that is under all threads in any category here on DG. Every now and then I check one out...

DavidofDeLand

DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL
(Zone 9b)

April 11, 2013
5:09 PM

Post #9480589

I double checked.

It is currently showing up as #1 in that bottom box on most more current threads in Florida Gardening forum in that area on my screen;... other then this one of course...
BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2013
6:00 PM

Post #9481903

I have received Florida Gardening for a few years now. And yes it is small and the price is more than $20. but I have gleaned some good resources for plants I probably would not have found otherwise.

The calendar of events and their locations is very helpful.

Bonnie
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2013
6:14 PM

Post #9481912

i still cant find that darn box, all I get at the bottom is other forums I might be interested in, such as the texas forum etc.
orchid923
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 16, 2013
7:48 PM

Post #9486651

I have subscribed for some years now, and have found many of the articles very useful; especially the calendar of upcoming garden events and nursery sales in my county, and beyond. Our newspapers don't give all these details. I've met Wae, the editor/owner a few times -- he's a frequent guest speaker at quite a few Garden clubs.
After hearing Wae talk one time on bio char (one of his passions), I was fascinated with this subject and contacted him because I wanted to learn more and share this and give a talk myself at one of our Master Gardeners' meetings. Wae generously gave up some of his precious free time to come to my house (back yard), bringing all the bits and pieces to make a bio char making kit.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Florida Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Native Plant (wanted) Botanyguy 16 Jun 6, 2008 6:20 PM
Duranta budgielover 26 Jul 21, 2008 10:36 PM
Jeremy's Mystery sugarweed 11 Jun 12, 2011 9:23 PM
Do Tall Bearded Iris grow in Florida? JaxFlaGardener 67 Jun 20, 2008 6:18 PM
Is there a specific Southwest FL thread? Sallyoyo 109 Nov 6, 2007 2:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America