Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Handyman: Need advice on central ac?

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 2, Views: 1
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
deb789
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2005
12:58 PM

Post #1597678

Is it better to have my central ac on auto position 24 hours a day for my house to be colder. Cause i usually turn it off in the morning about 7am and turn it on about 12 noon. Cause it gets hot at 12 noon. Will it save me energy money if i have it on the auto position 24 hours a day? Please explain!!

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2005
1:07 PM

Post #1597695

Hi Deb, one of my co-workers has central air and the AC repair man recommended that she keep the air on all the time. He said she would save money because she wouldn't come home and have to cool off a hot house. I don't know if this helps you or not. Is your AC working now?
Tim55
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 4, 2005
8:16 PM

Post #1598768

Hi Deb
We found that if we keep it on all the time and just vary the temps a small amount ie. 78 during the day when we're both out to 75 when we're both in the house. it seems to work better keeping the ambient temp from varying to much. Once you get everything in your house cooled down it's easier to keep it cool. Another trick that will help is keeping curtains closed on windows that the sun is shining through at the time.
Hope this helps.
Tim.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America