Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Brugmansias: DATURA BLOOMS A COMING

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 9, Views: 147
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2001
4:05 PM

Post #7567

I want to let all you Brug and Datura friends know that I just came in from the yard(had bad and heavy rain last night)from giving them babies some fish emulsion. Let this be a warning I have one Datura with 8 (count'em 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8) buds. Now if they all bloom at once I think I will declare my self the winner of the contest. If something happens that they don't the contest will still be going.(But don't go betting the farm on something happening.) Jim
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2001
4:49 PM

Post #89037

Removed by member request
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 1, 2001
5:14 PM

Post #89044

LOL!! braggart!! Where did you find the fish emulsion???
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2001
5:24 PM

Post #89047

My wife found it yesterday in Newnan at Lowe's. I told her to get all they had just in case you wanted some you couldn't find any.(ha) They had 7-8 more bottles so my wife said. You know life is strange. Consider this:
My wife having to go to Newnan to get fish emulsion because I can't find any in LaGrange and tiG having to come to LaGrange fron Newnan to see and smell a Datura in person. Ain't life funny. I went back out and counted again and must have miscounted it was 10 instead of 8. Is that thing budding that fast or am I miscounting?
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 1, 2001
5:28 PM

Post #89048

Jim, I can tell you've been working out in the heat today, it's getting to yoU!!! LOL! I have a bud. Yes, it's tiny. Yes, it's only one. I'm just a 'late bloomer'!!!!!!!!!
Now, off to Lowes!

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2001
8:48 PM

Post #89117

Its not fair! You guys are cheating!!LOL!! I'm just feeding them manure tea and I only have 4 buds!! There are some dead fish in the lake,if I use my food processer can I make that fish stuff??I can't find any in a store.
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2001
9:02 PM

Post #89123

The only drawback to the processor is you would have to do it while the family is visiting somewhere else. The emulsion itself has a rank smell. It hangs around awhile also. I have mint in three or four pots and go by and rub them ever so often to freshen the air. Also helps to have other fragrant plants. Petunia's and miniature carnation are two that I had helping today. My wife was raised on a farm and says the best things for any plant is the manure tea.
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2001
9:25 PM

Post #89130

crestedchik, Do you want me to make the playing field even by sending my wife back to Newnan and getting you a bottle of fish? I asked her and she said no. Now don't be mad at me. Be mad at her. I typed in the name of the company and used google search engine and the information on the company came up. I haven't figured out how to hyperlink on this site but you shouldn't have any problem getting them to send you a supplier in your area. Good luck.
alaska fish fertiilizer co.
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 1, 2001
9:36 PM

Post #89133

crestedchik,
I'm going Tuesday to Lowes, I don't know how much it would cost to ship or anything, but if you want me to, I'd be glad to get you a bottle. Let me know.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2001
10:31 PM

Post #89567

I think theres a carp out in the lake with my brugs name on it!! thanks Guys for offering ,I don't have a chance of winning so I'm sticking to the free stuff.Everything seems to like the manure tea ... and like I said free dead fish. Thanks again guys

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America