Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Rice-Paper Tree (Tetrapanax papyriferus)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 2, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2005
3:16 AM

Post #1617631

Rice-Paper Tree
Tetrapanax papyrifer

This is another pic of the steroidal, it does not sucker as much as my regular one.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/53663/

Thumbnail by Windy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

katrun
Alexandria, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2012
2:57 PM

Post #9311463

Is it planted in Full Sun in the middle of your yard?
Im in Zone 7 and plan on purchasing one, Was not sure to plant it in a bed or as a specimen like yours. It looks nice like that.
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

October 27, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #9317239

I have had it next to the house and also in the middle of the yard. I now live in a different zone and do not grow it anymore. I remember that it suckered and one of the reasons that I planted it in the middle of the yard was so I could mow down any plants that I didn't want. I did love this plant and miss it.
It grew in partial shade as well as full sun also.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America